The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one of my brothers friends is always talking shit about how his probe se 5 spd can take my auto altima. Well i have told him time and time again that he couldnt do so. He alwasys says he dosent believe my car could do it. So needless to say the first chance i had to race him i was their. I saw him pumping gas at a gas station down by where i like to race so i pulled up and said lets race and he was all up for it. He just got his new exhaust and thought he could definently take me tonite. We both have exhaust and intake and were both lowered. Well we go and line up at the light and he spies the opposite side of the light turn red and starts to roll well i wait til i get green and we both gun it at the same time. Now being the 5 speed he is he of course got me off the line but after second gear it was all down hill for him. As i passed by i gave him a nice little courtesy wave and continued on my way. By about 90 or so i had him by a car length and then shut down. After the race we pulled over and he gets out and walks to my car and says dang that altima is faster tahn i thought! and of course my response was yes i know. I told him good race and we were on our seperate ways. Needless to say im sure he is a believer in the altima now!

-chris

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
The se is a 4banger. The Gt has the 24 valve V6.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it was a 4. If it would have been a 6 he would have taken me for a ride! Umm performance wise i jsut have exhaust and intake. Body i have 16" enkei's, Dropzone coilovers and ground effects in the front! thats about it!

·
Wanted
1,084 Posts
I thought the 4 cyl. had more potential because it responded well to a turbo? Aren't the engines the same as the ones available for the 1st gen. Avenger and Sebring? I dunno.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
JamesHowlett said:
Was that a race? Damn, 0-60 in a 9-inning baseball game.:angel1:
Wow..troll often?

The 4 banger Probe sucked...had one.They arent even making 100 hp to the wheels.

V6 Probes are the shiznit.They have a lot of o2 sensor issues but slap in a Mazda JDM 200hp V6 and you have a sleeper.Or turbo the stock 24 valve V6 and call it a day.V6 had about 164hp stock.

I am a probe encyclopedia.;););)
I still like the PGT better than my Altima.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts