The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have looked everywhere to find help on this and cant find anything. How is the wiring done when the cobra maf is swapped on a ka24de? Wouldnt the maf off a plain 5.0 work also? Help me out here on this one guys.

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
3,033 Posts
Okay
1) you don't need to change your MAF unless you are pushing over 240 horsepower, and unless you are boosted at stage II or running a 100 shot, you are't even close to that.

2) you need your ECU reprogrammed for the cobra maf or it won't work, and your car won't run right at all

3) you have to splice wires to get it in there, but an instruction guide can be found at http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/

4) A Maf from a 5.0 would not work, unless you had it programmed for it...

5) a z32 maf (300zx) also works, but again is pointless unless you are making over 240 horse and again have to get it programmed....

·
1,484 Posts
Hey Ken if you were running the e-manage would you still have to run a new MAF over the 240HP limit, because the MAF would max out, or what?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It's a physical restriction, the maf simply cannot read a larger volume of air, the ecu will only see the max voltage the maf can send, if you can figure out how to create a subtractor circuit then maybe you can stick with the stock maf, but otherwise nope.

Like mentioned above, there's no point in doing a maf swap, unless you're making over 200 horses.

UltimaSE

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
On the subject of MAFs, is the 95+ MAF the same as the 93/94 physically as in electrical connections, mounting, etc...?

I'm going to buy another from a junkyard or somewhere for my 93 to verify whether the oil from my POP Charger has affected my MAF but wanted to make sure what kind of year range I had to pick from in case no 93/94s are around here...Also, in case I try to clean mine and something happens....

Thanks

Jeremy

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
niceguy said:
On the subject of MAFs, is the 95+ MAF the same as the 93/94 physically as in electrical connections, mounting, etc...?

I'm going to buy another from a junkyard or somewhere for my 93 to verify whether the oil from my POP Charger has affected my MAF but wanted to make sure what kind of year range I had to pick from in case no 93/94s are around here...Also, in case I try to clean mine and something happens....

Thanks

Jeremy
i've got a couple '94's laying around Jeremy. Holla if you need one ;)

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
as far as i can tell the maf sensor are exactly the same on my 94 and 95. But some of the later built 95s might be different.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Thanks fellas....Get this, I went to a junkyard in a not so good part of Memphis (ROUGH!) and came out w/i 45mins with a stock airbox w/a brand new filter in it:) (though I still have my old K&N panel filter) with the MAF sensor attached for $15!!:D

However, I am going to search now but could someone tell me whether it is possible to successfully clean our MAFs??? I know some on the Max board have cleaned theirs w/some Radio Shack electrical component cleaner or something but can ours be cleaned for sure? How do you go about it??

Again, I am fixing to search but my comp is running slow w/this site so it'll probably take a day or two(I mean S-L-O-W!!) so if one of you guys know off hand could you reply or shoot me a PM or something???
And Hornet, I'd still be interested in another most likely, there's not tellin' how long this one has sat at the salvage yard-PM me please...

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts