The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have my engine check light on for a while now its not going away i took it to the dealer they said i need a maf sensor does anyone know about it or knows the price for it ....... please help help

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
nycrayhan said:
hey i have my engine check light on for a while now its not going away i took it to the dealer they said i need a maf sensor does anyone know about it or knows the price for it ....... please help help
Um , they run about $200 for a 92 Celica ....

Come on ...Year , Model ????

·
Pacman
341 Posts
I think I might start by calling a coupla of car parts stores...this usually leads to prices and stuff. But it won't be cheap anywhere...we own those damn imports.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
how the hell can you tell if these things are bad? its just the iron cylinder between intake pipes right? i think i might need one too, but i wanna make sure mine is bad 1st.

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
The diagnosis procedure for the MAF is pretty complex, you'll need a VOM to measure voltage from the connectors as well as the resistance between the components. And I believe it's made of an alluminum cylinder, it has a sensor to measure the rate of the airflow going in to the engine.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
I was informed to just clean it with a throttle body cleaner that is safe for electronics also. I don't know of any brands that are also safe for electronics. Poison, what do you suggest I do to clean it? If I were to clean it with the spray stuff, I was plannin on sprayin the connector and the little cylinder thing in the tube itself or should I just spray the cylinder thing

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
poisonfist said:
Don't touch the sensor itself with any chemicals, you can use contact cleaners (in either spray or a pen form) from RadioShack to clean the terminals.
So don't spray the inside metal thingy w/tb cleaner or spray it with the contact cleaner and don't touch it afterwards? I just don't want to end up breaking it and having to spend mad money. Ive never in my entire 5 yrs of owning my car tried to clean this thing.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
poisonfist said:
Yeah, don't do anything to the inside of the cylinder. The only thing that needs cleaning is the cconnectors (harness).
Good shit man:D YOu just saved me a couple hundred bux. You are the man poison

1 - 17 of 17 Posts