The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A-arm brace man
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Help Has anyone here had trouble with their MAF sensor? I have been experiecing eratic power loss and my car runs rich when its warm outside. I replaced the O2 sensor just a while ago, and besides it doesnt seem like that would be the cause, because of the eraticness of the symtoms. Sometimes I hit the gas and my car feels very powerful, and then five minutes later I can hit the gas and it feels like I lost 20hp, wtf? I checked the computer codes, and everything seems fine, but I know its not. Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Check the little connectors inside the MAF connector ..... Make sure they are clean and tight , Tighten them a little by pushing the little tabs in with a small pick .....

·
A-arm brace man
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but i tried that already
:(

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Same deal

I dunno what it is. I am begining to think its a faulty egr valve or a leaking gasket where the egr valve is. Something to due with the emmisions or the vacuum.

·
A-arm brace man
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had similar problems with mine.... just before I lost compression in all four cylinders at around 150k. The engine would surge like crazy: sluggish for a few seconds, then it would kick (like VTEC surge). If you've already checked the MAF harness, don't know what else to tell ya. Could be SOOO many things...

·
Banned
822 Posts
I dont know what to tell you about this problem. Im lost too.my car has a similar problem, but with a few differences. Ever since I installed the high flow air filter, it seems the sensor has to adjust to the air flow increase, so when i first start in the morning, it hesitates when i step on the gas, but once i drive for about a mile, it drives like normal.

By the way Nismoman,
I love the SIG. the thing is, a lot of kids do sit in rooms eating funny pills listening to some messed up music

·
Registered
227 Posts
i had the same problem after installing a shitty intake and what happended was the the bronze guard that is attached the the black plastic airbox (riveted on mine but i took the rivets out for some reason, by the way its the top piece) was reinstalled upside down and it was blockinh the maf sensor that protrudes from the enclosure inside the maf sensor housing. check if the intake has been installed correctly because the holes are not the same . for some reason the holes on one side of the maf sensor are different from the other side and if you install them backwards you will have an overlap of that bronze grill(which on a 97 it was riveted so it may be something else blocking it unless you also drilled the rivets out). this also applies to those who install that crappy intakes and if you mount them upside down the lip of the maf sensor and that of the intak ebracket may not align right and block the little sensor in the maf housing. anyways i hope this helps cause it took me 2 weeks of no pick up to realize this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I could be going out on a limb here but it sounds like vacum hoses or egr system. I would suggest replacing all the vacum hoses with silicone ones. It's not just to be colorful silcone doesn't suck flat like stock squishy rubber hoses do. That is unless you have already done this. I was having the same problems and replaced the hoses and it straightened right up.
Hope this helps.

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
417 Posts
My car does te same shit that mnsalty's car does. Shit, I hope is isnt a big problem. I will have it checked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts