The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching but only got 2 threads, one of which was useless, and the other dealt with the 3 gens.

does anyone know if the maf from a 1 gen will fit my 2 gen, or were there any changes? my mechanic is fairly certain that my maf is shot. he thinks that this is why my car will fire up then die after running rough at low rpms for less than a minute. he found one for $150, but no parts store around here can get one, and the dealer wants $418. i'm hopin to find one for less than 150 if i can, but i need to know if i can use a 1 gen maf, or if i have to use a 2 gen maf

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Try online if your not in a hurry, there are ways to get them cheaper (used).

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i still need to know if the 1 gen will fit on my 98 w/o modification, please!

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the help, but i'm gonna need to find one locally, so i can get it installed tomorrow. right now, i'm stuck at home, bumming rides of ppl, just to do the bare minimum. i don't have another car, and i've got to get mine runnin, so i can git my tranny prob diagnosed and then either repair or replace my auto.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
I dont know, for $3 vs $150 i would bum rides for a few more days, but im a broke college student. You might run into problems with the 1st gen MAF because of the on board computer (version I vs version II). Might be things like voltage signal output diffrences. If its a 95 and up 1st gen you might be ok... but...

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldn't mind waitin a few more days, but the air force is makin me move to a bigger house next week (i just found out two days ago) because my son was born on the 24 of feb. it gets annoying having to call all day long to find a ride, when i've got all kinds of stuff to do to get everything taken care of for Todd, my son, and in preparation for the move.

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
if you want a cheap fix just do what i do. i just clean the connectors with wd-40 and a toothbrush about every 3 months. its a cheap fix and it always works.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Odirt said:
i tried searching but only got 2 threads, one of which was useless, and the other dealt with the 3 gens.

does anyone know if the maf from a 1 gen will fit my 2 gen, or were there any changes? my mechanic is fairly certain that my maf is shot. he thinks that this is why my car will fire up then die after running rough at low rpms for less than a minute. he found one for $150, but no parts store around here can get one, and the dealer wants $418. i'm hopin to find one for less than 150 if i can, but i need to know if i can use a 1 gen maf, or if i have to use a 2 gen maf
Go here: http://www.motorvate.ca/index.htm
and read the part about "Throttle body Cleaning PART 1 and PART 2". I have a hunch this might solve your problem really, really cheap.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
i got 2 maf's for a 1st gen. i won one of them off ebay as well.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
how can u test a maf to make sure it works besides having to install it ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts