The Nissan Club banner

Magnaflow 14829 vs 14814

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Pazoff 
#1 ·
I did a search on Magnaflow, and it seems that everyone who has them uses the 14829 model with the 7" tip. My question is why not use model 14814 which are identical to the 14829's except they only have 4" tips like the factory mufflers do? Plus, the 14814's are only $94 compaired to $109 for the 14829's.

#3 ·
DANG!!!!!!! 7'' tip? Wow that would be hella ugly if somebody got a muffler with a 7" tip. 4" is ok but anything over that is way to much! 7"????????? You probably mean that the muffler width is 7". But damn!!!!!

#4 ·
What size tip is used on the Magnaflows on the Mossy exhaust? In all honesty, I kinda wish the tips on those weren't "artifically enlarged". In my very subjective opinion, the tip should be the same size as the exhaust pipe.

#7 ·
They are both 4 inch DIAMETER. The difference is tip length. Depends on how far out you want the tip to protrude to which one you get.

#8 ·
#9 ·
i think the 14818 looks the best out of all the magnaflows

#10 ·
If the OEM muffler is longer maybe you need the 7' tips to position the Magnaflows in the right place for the hangers< just a guess. Someone would have to go measure up the OEM muffler and where the hangers are. I like the idea of a shorter tip, at a better price.

#14 ·
turrifik said:
i'm not quite sure that the 14829's have 7" tips. many members have installed them and they don't look excessively large. I hope i'm right because i'm still waiting on delivery for a pair of 14829's :D
Yes, the 14829 does have a 7" tip. From the MagnaFlow website:

2.25" Inlet 4" Tip
Double Wall
Angle Cut
7" Length

The problem throughout this post is people continue to confuse tip DIAMETER versus tip LENGTH. The difference between the two mufflers in question are a difference in the tip LENGTH--4" versus 7". BOTH HAVE A 4" DIAMETER TIP.

#16 ·
cpo_sharky said:
I did a search on Magnaflow, and it seems that everyone who has them uses the 14829 model with the 7" tip. My question is why not use model 14814 which are identical to the 14829's except they only have 4" tips like the factory mufflers do? Plus, the 14814's are only $94 compaired to $109 for the 14829's.
It's a 4" tip but the tip lenght is 7" on 14829's. The 14814 also has a 4" tip but the lenght is 4".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.