The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a muffler from swa, and I have heard a lot of praise about the magnaflow and the spw dragger style...they are both relatively the same price, I wanted to hear some opinions on the two when added to a 2.25" mandrel bent cat-back. Performance wise I know their won't be much of a difference, but I am more considered with how loud and annoying will it be?? I want a nice tone, but I don't want loud and annoying. Any other recommendations would be nice as well. Just don't say greddy or stillen...that's too much $$ for my poor college student @$$

·
belongs -> @ltimas.net
428 Posts
my magnaflow sounds really good
deep but loud
not annoying at all

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
AlienAlt would be the best person to ask. He recently got mandrel bending and a Magnaflow muffler (mated to his Stillen header).

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a magnaflow its very nice. But no catback or custom exhaust though only the muffler.:)

·
no longer a newbie
294 Posts
just got mine... custom 2.25 mandrel pipe, with the street series magnaflow duel tip can... i love the sound... nothing like the ricers.... it has a good deep tone....

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Magnaflow here too! I love the sound of it. It's pretty quite at a cruising speed but WOT it sounds nice and deep. Not at all like a can-o-bees. I highly recommend it.

·
layin rubber on philly
950 Posts
i just got the magnaflow on and its damn good. just loud enough and great performance

·
Registered
300 Posts
yeah alienalt might be able to help you. from what he told me though, he has headers, a dual tip magnaflow, cat, resonator, and 3 inch piping. i think the only reason why he got the random tech cat and resonator was because the exhaust sounded like shit with the headers. try pm'ing him though, i might be wrong.

i too am looking to buy the magnaflow single tip from swa with 2.25 piping. from what everyone says, its definetly worth it.

·
_________
312 Posts
Magnaflow all the way bro'
Or you can try Flowmaster, it's lil' bit cheaper and looks almoust like OEM muffler, performs a lot better though and gives ya a nice deep tone.
Performancewise Magnaflow and Flowmaster are about the same, but Magnaflow looks better and costs more
$130 vs $96

1 - 9 of 9 Posts