The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 model Altima and it's time for a new car. I'm thinking of a Murano but I may just go back with another Altima. Have there been any major changes between my '03 and the new '16 models?

·
Registered
422 Posts
QR and VQ engines put out more horsepower and don't have the catalyst that disintegrates in high heat
ZF Sachs shocks
Audio system with built-in bluetooth integration
Projector headlights
On certain trims, heated steering wheel and/or seats
2nd generation CVT Transmission - up to 39mpg why
Active Grille shutters on 4 cylinder
Active Understeer Control
Air pressure fill system that beeps when air pressure is at the right amount
Tire pressure monitor system
Electronic boosted hydraulic steering
Low rolling resistance tires
LED taillights on certain trims
MPG fuel monitor / electronic odometer reading
Rear-view camera
XM Radio (optional)
Navigation (optional)
Zero-gravity seats
Stiffer chassis / new platform
and more... haha

Welcome to 2016.

Reactions: nissanaholic

·
Registered
422 Posts
Drive by wire? The blind spot monitoring, more use of high tensile strength steel, think the drainage plugs were put in diff spots to prevent that nasty Altima underbody rust issue on your gen.

Reactions: nissanaholic

·
Registered
422 Posts
Oh and the dual pivot brake pedal

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I have an '03 model Altima and it's time for a new car. I'm thinking of a Murano but I may just go back with another Altima. Have there been any major changes between my '03 and the new '16 models?
It's only a 13 year difference. .. what could of possibly changed in 13 years?

Reactions: Newalt08

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QR and VQ engines put out more horsepower and don't have the catalyst that disintegrates in high heat
ZF Sachs shocks
Audio system with built-in bluetooth integration
Projector headlights
On certain trims, heated steering wheel and/or seats
2nd generation CVT Transmission - up to 39mpg why
Active Grille shutters on 4 cylinder
Active Understeer Control
Air pressure fill system that beeps when air pressure is at the right amount
Tire pressure monitor system
Electronic boosted hydraulic steering
Low rolling resistance tires
LED taillights on certain trims
MPG fuel monitor / electronic odometer reading
Rear-view camera
XM Radio (optional)
Navigation (optional)
Zero-gravity seats
Stiffer chassis / new platform
and more... haha

Welcome to 2016.
Is that all? :wink

Thanks for posting. I figured there would be a few changes but guess I've been out of the loop for a while. Haven't really kept up with what the new cars can do. Integrated bluetooth is nice, along with heated seats feature if you can really tell they're heated... what are 'zero gravity' seats?

·
Registered
270 Posts
When does the 6th gen come out? I was planning on buying in the next couple of months after income taxes come back but if the 6th gen isn't that far off, I might just wait.
I'm thinking two years away. Looking like this model of Altima will be a 5 year run for Nissan.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is that all? :wink

Thanks for posting. I figured there would be a few changes but guess I've been out of the loop for a while. Haven't really kept up with what the new cars can do. Integrated bluetooth is nice, along with heated seats feature if you can really tell they're heated... what are 'zero gravity' seats?

The seats get really hot! My 3.5SL has a heated steering wheel, which gets pretty toasty too!

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
It's only a 13 year difference. .. what could of possibly changed in 13 years?
Lmao, I originally posted a smart assed comment like this but decided to delete it in the interest of preserving the insanity in this thread. I knew I wast the only one that thought this way though. :)

Reactions: BPuff57

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
It didn't get beautifuler. 3rd gen Altima is still the best one.
Agreed.... This is why I still have my 2006 SER. A couple is building a new home here in our community and they have 2 2016 Maximas....and he comments on my SER in the garage about how new and clean it is, and I thought to myself, I wonder if youll be able to say the same thing about those shits in 10 years. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lmao, I originally posted a smart assed comment like this but decided to delete it in the interest of preserving the insanity in this thread. I knew I wast the only one that thought this way though. :)
Yeah I almost posted a smart reply to it, too, but then thought better of it for the sake of politeness. Like I said, been out of the loop with new cars as I've had the same one for 13 years now. :wink

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Yeah I almost posted a smart reply to it, too, but then thought better of it for the sake of politeness. Like I said, been out of the loop with new cars as I've had the same one for 13 years now.
:wink
Im pretty sure it was a good idea on your part......and mine not to
:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts