The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to fill my tank up before a trip to jacksonville from cocoa beach, came home to pack the car with radio on (dont think that mattered). After 30-45 min of packing go to start car and nothing! All gauge lights die and no crank while i turn the key. Thought battery was dead, try another battery....nothin. Tried it a bunch of times cause at this point im pissed but didnt know anti theft has a 5 time lock out for the ignition. Took a different car out of town for a week and get home and try it and now the gauge light dont dim and starter now works but no fire-up (ignition locked out at this point but i didnt know) Do research and seen i have to take to dealer for reset. Consult wont read ecu, it reads bcm, abs ect ect but no ecu. Go all the way to Sebring and get a not running altima 3.5 se 5 spd 2002 and swap ecu and still not reading. Im lost fellas. PLEASE HELP

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
How is the ECU fuse?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trust me, i wish it was that simple...im thinking i might rob the harness from the parts car i bought, just dont want to

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I thought I'd go there first... Have you run through the ECU diags section of the FSM yet?

Have had some results of weird ECU behaviour linked to corrosion around the ECU. Usually this throws a 1001 code though. If it cannot be read at all, then I'd have a much closer look at the harness as you are thinking...maybe you can spot a tear/burn/gnaw mark?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup same exact car, year make model options, everything but the color, seat heaters and rear curtain air bags

1 - 6 of 6 Posts