The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AIM: BaseballtoHeart
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A simple question for someone that knows there stuff about making a sub box design for trunks... I want to make like a board that is above the bottom of the trunk but covers the whole trunk. (basically raising the bottom of the trunk) what would be the easiest way to get the exact outline of the trunk? thanks

·
reppin DC crew
488 Posts
to make a board for the bottem just take the carpet out and trace it on wood and cut. might have to be cut in half to get in tho. as for a box u dont want a box that big look at the specs for that sub

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i know that you don't want it too big, i was gonna put like a regular box underneath of the big board so that it fits the specs but looks just like one big board from the outside. oh and another question is there a certain way to port subs?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh, you're talking about making a lid??

In that case you can't just trace the mat because the area at the top is different from the area on the bottom.

Originally I thought you were talking about making a false-floor type thing to make your trunk floor more flat, but I guess not. I'm really just having trouble visualizing what you're talking about, so I can't really suggest anything.

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it may be a "lid". I want to make a board that covers the whole trunk area and is raised from the floor about 8-10" or how ever high it needs to be to get the box volume right underneith it. any better? Thanks for the web site, so who can i talk to that knows how to port things and explain to me how to do it...i want more spl! and i think i may be getting the adire brahma 12" subs this summer if you need that to know what the measurements are for the ports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts