The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its time to get subs in my alty!
Ive been looking alot online for the best prices trying to get the most for under $500, the more under 500 the better.
I would like to know if what im going for is a good idea.

Amp:
-Profile CA600M $108 at crutchfield or
-Bazooka ELA3001 $144 at CC (free shipping)
-If theres cheaper/better amps out there please list them.

Subs:
-2 12" infinity 1230w for $135 at CF or
-2 12" MTX 6000 $140 at some ebay store (w/ shipping)
-if there are less expensive 2 12" subs out there list them

Wires + box from ebay = additional $100 (not including shipping)

All together Crutchfield = $343
Online + CC = $384

Ok decision time.
crutchfield has a sweet deal with those infinitys, plus saving more if i buy an amp from there for the build a system discount, also plus free shipping.

So all these discounts at Crutchfield, are they worth it?
Non-name brands, can they be trusted?
Are Infinitys better then MTX?
Profile amp better then Bazooka amp?

Theres most likely something i missed but sorry for the newb questions, first system and im trying not to make any mistakes.

Edit: Forgot something

What are the other wires i need besides amp install kits (i think the kits come with everything?)? I know theres something i need because i want to keep the stock HU whats that called?

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just got a single infinity refrence 10 (1030w), and although i dont have it hooked up yet due to deck troubles i was pretty impressed with it when i tested it with a CD player. So basically what im getting at is the infinity refrence is a pretty good sub for the money.

If your keeping the stock deck you will either need a Line Ouptut Converter (i think thats hte name) or an amp with high level inputs.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
i recommend waiting for a sale at CC where when you buy 2 subs you get the box free. saves you $$ from a box. the infities are maybe $100 each at CC, so theres $200 for subs and box. for an amp, DONT GET PROFILE. bazooka is better if you are going to stick with those brands.

wiring can be bought at meijers. i got a 4ga kit with everything i needed for only $17 or something. and it works just fine. even with 2000wrms i was stll good.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input.
I suppose the amp is the weak point in my budget system. Trying to keep to the budget is tough but looking on ebay theres alot of stuff for even less. Is Legacy, Soundstorm, or Boss good reliable names cuz ive never seen these in stores just online.

Hearing profile isnt good really puts a bummer on the whole Crutchfield discounts thing, their next amp is too much. Please tell me why Profile isnt good.

I think CC just ended their Box for 2 subs deal so it could be some time before they do it again? Looking back to CC tho, what about 2 channel amps? Audiobahn ADB A2002T and Pioneer PIO GM5000T are also in my price range but their numbers seem weaker then the profile and bazooka.

Back to Crutchfield they have a bunch of 2 channel amps but the numbers are much lower. Anything under $150 i can afford. Another option, just get a cheap 2 channel for now then the very next upgrade will be a much better mono-amp say in 2 months? would that be wise? I think i would prefer Crutchfield for now because of all the discounts they are running now.

·
1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th Gen
2,266 Posts
WyrmMaster said:
i just got a single infinity refrence 10 (1030w), and although i dont have it hooked up yet due to deck troubles i was pretty impressed with it when i tested it with a CD player. So basically what im getting at is the infinity refrence is a pretty good sub for the money.

If your keeping the stock deck you will either need a Line Ouptut Converter (i think thats hte name) or an amp with high level inputs.
you can say that again

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice setup wayne :) you made that enclosure? it looks great.

Will: thanks for that link, they have the 1230w for $66!!! wow might just get everything from there. Ill look back there when I have more time its late.

Still looking for a suggestion on a good amp tho

Seems like infinity has earned yall's respect so those should work fine :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i guess the question now is would 2 12"reference or 1 12" shiva sound better? Both will basically be the same price, at 135 shipped the infinitys may be a tad less.

MrJiggyFly: whats your store?

·
Registered
692 Posts
i work at a distributing company. my cost on those subs is 50$ each, so i might be able to charge you a little less than 135. id have to see how much shipping coudl cost. i usually markup a few points so i can make at least 10-15$ profit to make it worth my while, depending on what price you would be paying for them. i would be willing to go under 135 assuming shipping doesnt cost more than 15$.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
any amp that says it does 1260w for $66 is bullshitting you. thats a reason to stay away from the "low" brands - they seriously overrate their equipment.

·
Registered
692 Posts
nope i guess we don't stock them any more...odd. could do a backorder but it wouldnt be worth the wait to save a few bucks. still got plenty of amps tho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts