The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here into this stuff? i just finished reading Great Teacher Onizuka. pretty cool story. i want to get Cowboy Bebop Vol.1 since i missed most of the episodes on the Cartoon Network.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
i'm reading tokyo pops release of initial d manga right now. 9.99 per book

·
2 lazy to post an avatar
465 Posts
Mange is what you read. Anime is what you watch. Besides if you wanna watch some anime like Cowboy Beebop, d\l the episodes off of Imesh or Kazza. (Much cheaper) :)

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
Dragonball Z movies with Brolli (all of 'em) n Janemba own

i read my roomtes Ghost in a shell manga (or really jus looked at the pictures)
it was weird flipping pages from left to right

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
My favorite authors are; Akira Toryama ("Dragonball", "Dr. Slump", "Cowa!", "Sand Land"), Katsuhiro Ohtomo ("Akira", "Dome", "Rojin Z", "Memoires"), Shirou Masamune ("Ghost in the Shell"(1&2), "Appleseed", "Orion", "Blackmagic M66"), Hirohiko Araki ("JoJo's Bizarre Adventure", "Gorgeous Irene", "Baoh", "Mashounen B.T."), Keisuke Itagaki ("Grappler, Baki"), Hayao Miyazaki ("Nausicaa (The Warrior of the Wind)", "Princess Mononoke", "Laputa"), Yukito Kishito ("Gunnm" aka "Battle Angel")

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
Altime'01 said:
Mange is what you read. Anime is what you watch. Besides if you wanna watch some anime like Cowboy Beebop, d\l the episodes off of Imesh or Kazza. (Much cheaper) :)
You can "watch" manga as well, trust me, animated shows are often refered to as manga in Japan.

·
2 lazy to post an avatar
465 Posts
Adhesive said:

You can "watch" manga as well, trust me, animated shows are often refered to as manga in Japan.
Well I wouldnt know how they call it in Japan(maybe poisonfist does?), but I DO know that if you say that you watch Manga (in North America) most of the time you'll be corrected by other anime freaks to say anime. Trust me, you don't watch manga, you read it. (Unless all you do is gawk at the pretty anime girls on every page... :) )

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
poisonfist said:
My favorite authors are; Akira Toryama ("Dragonball", "Dr. Slump", "Cowa!", "Sand Land"), Katsuhiro Ohtomo ("Akira", "Dome", "Rojin Z", "Memoires"), Shirou Masamune ("Ghost in the Shell"(1&2), "Appleseed", "Orion", "Blackmagic M66"), Hirohiko Araki ("JoJo's Bizarre Adventure", "Gorgeous Irene", "Baoh", "Mashounen B.T."), Keisuke Itagaki ("Grappler, Baki"), Hayao Miyazaki ("Nausicaa (The Warrior of the Wind)", "Princess Mononoke", "Laputa"), Yukito Kishito ("Gunnm" aka "Battle Angel")
Laputa, i saw that when i was...6-7
amazing movie, loved it, poor robots

princess mononoke - didnt' really like the movie, the virus was freakin me out with those worm things coming out of the bore's head

end of evangelion <-- please see the series first, the movie is just messed up like crazy

ghost in the shell - imagine if they actually came out with those spider tanks, on boi

akira - why are so many anime series so intent on destroying everything and starting over

Golden boy - HOLY SHHIIIET, jokes, mad jokes

Initial D all stages including the movie - the movie was crap

Gods - the thought of naked gurls blowing the shit out of everyone is quite appealing

Has anyone heard of a new dragonball series called dbaf
apparently its ssj5

but the best ones i think are Patlabours, i love those things, and gundam

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
poisonfist said:
You watch manga/anime in Japan. Japanese don't differentiate them that strictly.
Similar to how American's don't differentiate that strictly between "cartoon" and "animation."

The anime-fans may falsely correct you, but just take solace in the fact that they are merely lonely, pale losers who've never touched a real girl before. :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts