The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so the mechanic tells me that the intake manifold gasket needs to be changed and thats why the idle is all rough blah blah blah so my dads friend fixes it for me and the next day (sunday) the idle is nice and smooth... but monday i go to school and i get on the freeway accelerate and it makes a real funny sound... i turn around go home and the damn engine is all rough again and seems that the gasket is blown again... any ideas guys.. they said my exhaust manifold was cracked but that would have nothing to do with it right??

thomas

·
Registered
13 Posts
have u ever changed your timing? a lot of people do this and they dont really know what they are doing. u can actually lose power. but more importantly, the pressure in the engine and intake manifold changes because it fires earlier and if u throw the timing off too much without the right cams then, when the intake valve opens some off the pressure may still be trying to escape and since it cant go back out through the intake runner then it will eventually just blow the gasket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is something u definately want to get fixed. blown intake manifold gaskets are rare (not really rare but not common) and can lead to some expensive repairs. u can lose coolant, coolant can get into your oil, u could have engine knock (detonation), etc...try to get it fixed. an exhaust leak should be easy to spot especially if its cold where u live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.