The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change my gear oil since Tune Up Clinic put 80w-90 molasses in my transmission.

Generally speaking, how many quarts will come out? I am going to use Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil.

Thanks

John

·
Dreamer
546 Posts
You fill it up until it reaches the opening where you pore the gear oil into. Just stick your finger in there. Stop if you feel the oil is about level with the opening.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
If it is a 1st gen it is about 5 Quarts .... 2nd gen not sure about , but should be the same ...

·
Banned
563 Posts
hey thanks shawn ive been wondering about that ..so its 5 qt ..cool...thanks..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Shawn.

I will buy 5 quarts of Mobil 1 gear oil. It has been extremely cold in Atlanta for the last week. I have been very happy with synthetic oil in the engine. I hope that I will get better, smoother shifts with synthetic in the transmission.

·
super primer mobile
1,030 Posts
It helps out a lot, I'm getting ready to have mine changed again at Valvoline instant oil change on Roswell Road. You'll feel the better shifting immediately

John they have the Valvoline synthetic gear oil there if you were at all interested. That's what they put in my car last year and they only charged me 20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I lost a lot of fluid when I changed my cv boot. I threw in another quart of Valvoline 80-90 synthetic. The shifting gates seem more prominent now...I like it. Less mushy.
My bro had some 130-160 heavy duty fluid in his 93 Maxima...that stuff's awesome! It's so thick that the tranny's really quiet and smooth. Shifting felt very positive and not floaty. I loved it. I might use some heavy duty stuff when I get my stock flywheel lightened and get the ACT clutch.
Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts