The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had this tacked onto the price of their car? If so is this a valid add on or a way for a dealer to get more $$$ ? The Marketing assessment that is being added on to the price I was offered is $400? It was tischer Nissan that gave me the offer. I just want to know if it a valid markup or if it is like getting your car "undercoated" so the dealer can make more $$$. Thanks in advance :confused:

·
1,333 Posts
Who did you talk to at Tischer? The MA is for Marketing/Advertising.

Make sure you talk to Jimmy or Rich in the internet sales dept. They are pretty straightforward.

Sometimes the dealer is flexible on the MA sometimes they are not. It depends on the deal you have worked out. Most dealers will charge you for the MA.

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
What!?!?! What the heck is Marketing Assesment? Perhaps that may be the local advertising cost for the general area? If that is the case then yes, it is legit.

·
M W S
386 Posts
the assessment (fee) is advertising cost for the dealership.
advertising is part of the dealer's operating expenses.
simply tell them you do not want to pay it. you probably won't have to make a big stink about it.

i've even had a car rep tell me they are bogus fees, and never to pay it.

you would not expect to see a fee for payroll, or utilities, or building maintenance, or landscaping, etc.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
Marketing Assessment is part of the invoice. You should only see it itemized out if you negotiated a price "$xxx over invoice," because the invoice price you see on the web usually does not include the MA fee (because it varies from dealer to dealer). If you negotiated a dollar value price, then don't pay the MA fee.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Basically, it's BS. you don't have to pay it. i got my car from Tishcer and negotiated an out-the-door price, that way they can't try and add on any extra fees, and they didn't even try. the only price over the price of the car you should pay for is taxes and tags.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
I agree with jstefdog. Just negotiate an out-the-door price, that way they can't spring any additional fees on you. You also don't have to worry about how they itemize their charges, you can just focus on your bottom line. It's the easiest way to negotiate for a car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
great info here! Next, anyone experiencing ("high") charges for: clerical, messenger/title/license fees.
In NJ, the dealers claim that only a dealer can obtain the new plates (if switching from a "truck" to a car, or just needing new plates). So they tack on clerical, messenger and license fees (some are pre-printed prices, while others are written-in).
Thanks and be well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.