The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever think of pulling the gauge cover and marking where the rev limiter kicks in. It would be easier to see where you can pull too. BTW whats are rev limiter anyways? I went to the track and I may have had another 500rpms+- to go. Shaun, Rick or anyone. Thanks

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
in neutral, just press the gas and see what rpm it climbs to. On my car, i found the sweet spot to (auto)shift it every time.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Lets just say this , My 93 SE with the Stock ECU the rev limiter came in at 6600 on the Tach. ..But actual Rev limit is 6200 ... Yes my Tach was 400 RPM off !!! I checked it with a Auto meter tach and it showed 6200 at limiter .....So run it up in 1st or 2nd untill it hits the limiter then remember where it is on your tach. ......

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
SHAWN said:
Lets just say this , My 93 SE with the Stock ECU the rev limiter came in at 6600 on the Tach. ..But actual Rev limit is 6200 ... Yes my Tach was 400 RPM off !!! I checked it with a Auto meter tach and it showed 6200 at limiter .....So run it up in 1st or 2nd untill it hits the limiter then remember where it is on your tach. ......
Agreed. I think I'll do this before I head to vegas.
Jay

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
I wouldn't go all the way to rev limiter, power band dies around 6200, I would shift then to maintain the most power....

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
I agree with MikeV. Thats a ryme. heh heh:p any way my 94 gxe 5 speed hits rev limiter at about 6200 also. i always shift a little before that . unless its to 5 fifth gear anyway.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
573 Posts
i shift AT redline so that i am in a "meatier" part of the power band in the next gear. its easier for the engine to rev high in the power band that lower, i think. that is from my experience. but hey, what ever tickles your pickel, latas. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts