The Nissan Club banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Precat &O2 Sensor substitute

Hi MarkSpecV's,
It works, I'm very happy with the fix.
Just the only drawback is that now I have to refill the oil and anti-freeze more often, I assume this is for the conversion, right?
Thanks,
NoMecanico

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Hi MarkSpecV's,
It works, I'm very happy with the fix.
Just the only drawback is that now I have to refill the oil and anti-freeze more often, I assume this is for the conversion, right?
Thanks,
NoMecanico
Good to hear you are happy !

Yeah header mod has nothing to do with oil consumption / coolant, those are related to other engine issues. But one plus with header mod is no worries of problematic pre-cat to ruin your engine! no pre-cat = no problem to fail on you. Hoping not much damage was done prior to doing header mod is only thing I can think of.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Thanks Bryan_ax !

Enjoy the new setup !

thanks Mark. install went smooth. thanks to L31_06

i had to replace the o2 sensor with one with a smaller fitting (NTK brand). the o2 spacer didnt fit the bosch sensor i originally had. it had to be replaced soon anyway

anyway, running smoother now. the cat was in pretty bad shape. the inside was disinigrating. glad it was replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks @hoosierfarmer21 ! Enjoy new SRS Header/o2 spacer combo!

Happy New Year!
Thank you MarkSpecV. Got my header on Wednesday and just got around to installing it this afternoon. Took about 3.5 hours to do thanks to the great instructions posted on this site by another user. Worst part was going and finding a sawzall to cut the rusty bolts holding the manifold to the flex pipe. Dealer said it would cost around $1100-1200 to fix the P0420 fault code. We had $180 in the header/O2 spacer and less than $5 in new bolts for the flex pipe. Thanks again to this forum and Mark for saving us $1000!

·
B-JEALOUS
5 Posts
Mark, the thread I was reading was from quite a while ago but I was wondering if you are still selling the headers with the o2 spacers. if so what kinds do you have available and what's the price. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 s special edition. I looked on ebay but want to make sure that I get one that fits directly and don't have to worry about throwing the SES light. thank you for your time I look forward to hearing from you.

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Mark, the thread I was reading was from quite a while ago but I was wondering if you are still selling the headers with the o2 spacers. if so what kinds do you have available and what's the price. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 s special edition. I looked on ebay but want to make sure that I get one that fits directly and don't have to worry about throwing the SES light. thank you for your time I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your Business, enjoy the header and o2 spacer setup!

281 - 298 of 298 Posts