The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you people in Eastern Mass, esp if you are from the Boston area, I would recommend Marlboro Nissan. These guys were great. The saleman I was dealing with named Frank was excellent. I got my 2.5S auto 'at invoice'.

I had a competing deal on hand there were trying to match. had researched everything quite a bit, that may have helped too. So make sure you have everything in order and this one seems to be a busy dealership so go with the intention of spending some time there (not necessaryily a bad thing checking out different cars etc. on a Saturday ).

Prashanth

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
Bad experience with Marlboro Nissan

Sounds like you had a good experience at Marlboro Nissan, but I certainly did not. I went back in the middle of September to check out a new Altima, and I met with Steve Fisk, the Internet Manager. He lied and told me that Nissan would not allow them to sell the Altima below sticker for 6 months. When I told the salesman I would not pay sticker, he laughed out loud at me! I walked on them and signed a purchase agreement one month later for a new Altima for $2k below sticker.

The pricing wasn't the only problem I had with them, though. Despite my having made an appointment with him, Steve handed me off to another salesman who was not very knowledgeable about the Altima. The salesman I was dealing with kept giving me wrong information about the car, like saying it had the same engine as the 2001 Maxima and had 227 hp. It was not exactly confidence inspiring, and the salesman gave me an impression of overall sleaziness, like he would say anything to get me into that car (as long as I would pay sticker!).

I ended up buying at Glick Nissan in Westboro. I had a much better experience there. I dealt with the Internet Manager, Paul K., and he was very knowledgable about the Altima. He seemed to genuinely enjoy talking about the car, like a true car enthusiast, and he gave me a good price right off the bat, no haggling. I'd definitely recommend both him and the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. that's interesting. Actually, I spoke to that Steve Fisk guy before in Sept and he seemed to have an odd mocking tone when we tried to haggle etc. But I had dealt with Frank soon after that and he was very pleasant to deal with. At that time they wouldn't budge too much off the MSRP (that was the case with all dealerships I talked to at the time) and so I went to other places and came back to them later in Nov with a competing offer. That seemed to do the trick.

Clay Nissan in Dedham gave me a good price too but later the manager told me that they dont have the color etc I was looking for. He told me that he would get it from another dealer and would cost a bit extra blah blah. That made me a bit uncomfortable given there might be hidden costs I might end up paying later.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
I just couldn't get over the way Steve Fisk treated me. I could understand saying that the dealership wouldn't sell the car under MSRP since it was a new, hot model at the time, but he flat-out lied to me by saying that Nissan wouldn't let them sell it below MSRP. Then when I told him I would not pay sticker for the Altima, he laughed at me, and I left. It wasn't a huge loss, because none of their Altimas were equipped the way I wanted anyway.

Glad things turned out OK for you. Maybe it's just this Fisk guy. The difference between him and the person I eventually bought from is night and day.

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
That line about manufacturers not allowing cars to sell below MSRP is a load of crap. The logic of it is simply this - Manufacturers don't care what you sell it for, as long as they get what they ask for from the dealers.

The only thing I have heard of with manufacturers influencing price is they tend not to give any kind of incentives within the first few months of the model introduction so that they don't devalue their own product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
steve fisk marlboro nissan

my father owns marlboro nissan and i google it every once in a while to see if theres any news about it or testimonials, and steve fisk was kind of arrogant and did have strange selling techniques that did benefit him more than the customer on how his payment was structured but i know that he was fired about 3 or 4 years ago for reasons related to him pressuring people into buying, and making to much money off of customers that my father would rather have had a good experience so that they come back next time they buy a car, or go in for service or something and i do know the internet guy that works there now is great and everyonce in a while when i go into work on a snowday at school or something i notice everyones performance and do think that if you went back today you would have a much better time. and im very sorry about the experience you had when you went and please post anything else that you have on the dealership so i could tell my dad what to improve on if anything, I know that my dads very proud and protective of the dealerships "#1 customer satisfaction in New England" title and would love to keep it that way for as long as he owns it thanks

and your right the manufacturer gets paid the second the dealership puts the order in, after that its up to the dealership.

kyle

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
Wow, its been six years since I've seen this thread!

Glad your father has cleaned out the scammers from the sales floor. His philosophy on a fair deal and good customer experience is the way to go. I don't mind dealerships making profit but outright lying to people for a bigger margin is a quick way to kill the business short term.

Now, I do have a question. There is a dealership out here called Trophy Nissan that has been trying to beat out a California dealership on sales to get the #1 dealership in north america title. They lost out last year (as they claim) and have been really pushing to win it this year. My question is if they get the #1 title, would they get first dibs to order the new 2009 GT-Rs for their lot?

Just curious why Trohpy is so amped up for this title...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gtr orders

well, nissan does have an awards program where if you sell the most (not make the most) in your territory then they give you a free rolex, or a harley. stuff like that, I bet its a little bit better of a prize if your number 1 in a country. To answer your question though no dealers get primary placement in ordering Gtr`s we`ve already sold two, and can order only three a year, which means Ill probably have to wait till next year to have one in my garage : ( . Also to many dealers its important to be number one because for some reason people feel compelled to shop there, which is weird becuase I know that Ernie Boch is number one in honda, and he sells his cars for about a thousand dollars more than the dealer three miles up the road. Its just important to do lots of research beforehand I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread - but may as well keep all info relevant to the dealer in one place. Had a fantastic experience buying my 09 Altima 2.5S here this week. Worked with salesman Anthony Maloney - 0 pressure, no nagging phone calls, and prompt returned calls when I had a question. Well worth the 45 minute drive from Boston.

The key things I liked about the transaction:
1. No BS at all - every number discussed on the phone was the exact same on the final paperwork.
2. Great price on my Altima.
3. Extended warranty for damn near the same price as available online ($20 difference) - with no haggling required to get to that price.

The most amazing part of the entire thing - not a single "Let me go talk to my manager" while at the dealer - gave my best offer on the phone, went in and signed the papers.

Also nice to look at the GT-R they have on the lot =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts