The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking is it possible to change the MAFS with a bigger one from like a 300zx or 200sx

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well think we have intakes for our car but right after the filter there is this MAFS that cuts the air flow down to about half the car has to work harder to pull in more air.

well if the MAFS is bigger more air passes in and it's easy for the motor to suck in air results in more power.

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know am going to look into this when I go to a scap yard I'll ninja one off a stang cobra

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
hey ian you know of any yards around j-ville that has a 1st gen alltima I been wanting to get a few things, maybe we can ride out.

·
Turbo S13
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been to one arounf atlantic but it was small and they did not have any thing goood.

there is one off 9a realy big I have to call them and find out if you can go and get you own stuff. :)
I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
IanX12 said:
well think we have intakes for our car but right after the filter there is this MAFS that cuts the air flow down to about half the car has to work harder to pull in more air.
Is it smaller than the throttle body?

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
Yes it is posable to do a Cobra MAF but you will have to have JWT Reprogram the ECU to make it work ... You cant just swap them ... Also there is almost no gains to this swap !!!!! SCC Did a project 200SX SE-R , with a totaly built motor they did I believe it was the Cobra MAF , or it may have been the 300ZX TT MAF , but they lost about 4 Ft LBS torque and only gained like 2 HP ... So the mod wasnt really worth the $500 it took to do it ( and thats if you already have the JWT upgrade ) .... It is only a good Mod if you have a Turbo making big boost ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts