The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets make a time and place to meet to head to Albany.

Since the meet starts at 12, I say meet between 8:00 and 8:30. Hit the road at 8:30. I'd like to get there a little early (that's me though) Meet at Mobile or 24 south at BK.

Im down for any idea's.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I say 8:30 at the mobil cause we will be taking rt 90west to N.Y. and it is better to catch it from up here.

a lot of you can meet at the bk on 24NORTH and then drive up here and meet the rest of us up here at the mobil at 8:30

·
1,373 Posts
Well the time we leave all depends on the time the meet starts.......yes Rev D has said twelve but i posted some ideas for him to think about concerning the time....12 is too late to start i think.... half the day is gone by then....But yea when there is an official time then we will have to decide...

But the earlier we leave the better because traffic is gonna be a bitch the later it is in the day.....saturdays are a busy travel day because everyone is out...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I here you on that one mike more like 5:30 to hit the road it will give us time to eat rest and pee and so on and not to rush an get busted........Plus we are looking atleast a 4hour ride... the last time i went up to lake george it took a little over 5 hours to get there .......So about 4 hours give or take.....Im up to meeting up earlier..............Timmy

·
Registered
322 Posts
If we hit the Pike an hour before 7am and an hour after 7 am, we'll run into the guys coming and going from work. You know the guys who drive the bluebirds up and down the Pike.:D Although I will have to say that on a Sat morning, they may have better things to do. Anyway, just giving you my angle on the drive. Dont wanna get pulled over and have to explain why 20 or so cars are having a good time:p Opps Sorry Brother Trooper:bigok: We're not endangering anyone other than ourselves:lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, looking forward to the meet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got it. I should bring my radio with me and say your all part of an undercover operation and we're heading to our assignment:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
1,373 Posts
M2Iceman said:
I got it. I should bring my radio with me and say your all part of an undercover operation and we're heading to our assignment:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
M2Iceman said:

thats a damn good idea.....lol

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
SE97Altima said:
Well the time we leave all depends on the time the meet starts.......yes Rev D has said twelve but i posted some ideas for him to think about concerning the time....12 is too late to start i think.... half the day is gone by then....But yea when there is an official time then we will have to decide...

But the earlier we leave the better because traffic is gonna be a bitch the later it is in the day.....saturdays are a busy travel day because everyone is out...
well iceman is right
that is probably the shift change time and there will be a shitload of cops on mass pike. and just to let you all know the mass pike has been on t.v. for its speed control techniques. they have more unmarked cars then they do crusers.......

so we need not be on the MA. Pike between the hours of 7 and 8 IMO

·
1,373 Posts
well whatever but i dont plan on speeding on the way up to NY.....I mean i will be keeping it close to the speed limit but im deffinately not gonna pull what we did on our way to New england dragway last year...

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
well i say if its just the normal "mass" (RI) crew then we can meet up in braintree 8 or so and be fine.... but if we will be meeting up with members on the way and possibly joinin other caravans then we need to see who else will be joinin us---if they even do..........in a way i wanna leave early to avoid all the traffic mess -it would be kinda hard stayin together in such a big bunch, but i dont wanna be waitin at the park to early neither....

even if rev d does deff decide to have it at 12 then thats not bad- theres still alot of time left for the day (about 7 hours of daylight) and to me thats plenty...................................

and as far as the speed goes--its gonna happen wether u say ur gonna or say ur not.. its a car meet and along with cars comes competitions ;) i agree i dont wanna get too out of hand, that is along way to abuse the cars,,,but we'll hit speed patches no matter what..............

Brandie

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
98altimatic said:
well i say if its just the normal "mass" (RI) crew then we can meet up in braintree 8 or so and be fine.... but if we will be meeting up with members on the way and possibly joinin other caravans then we need to see who else will be joinin us---if they even do..........in a way i wanna leave early to avoid all the traffic mess -it would be kinda hard stayin together in such a big bunch, but i dont wanna be waitin at the park to early neither....

even if rev d does deff decide to have it at 12 then thats not bad- theres still alot of time left for the day (about 7 hours of daylight) and to me thats plenty...................................

and as far as the speed goes--its gonna happen wether u say ur gonna or say ur not.. its a car meet and along with cars comes competitions ;) i agree i dont wanna get too out of hand, that is along way to abuse the cars,,,but we'll hit speed patches no matter what..............

Brandie

my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where would be a good place and time for me to catch up with everyone?? I always pick up the Mass Pike off of 91 South near springfield...... Are you going to stop at a service station or anything on the way?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here's an idea.

You have those from Conn that want to join and those from NH that want to go, so why dont those near Boston meet up at the Mobile at whatever time, when its finally determined. Those from the western part of the state and Conn, meet up at the Sevice stations along the Pike. Heres the thing, people can exchange cell numbers through PM's and can make sure those who are gonna meet along the way are there. As far as going to the service stations its gonna be for those who need to use the restrooms and then leave, not waiting around for people. If your there, then your there, if not, you get left behind. People wanna make good time, then they should be there on time. With everyone having someone elses number to get ahold of them then there shouldnt be any problems. Before we hit each station we can call ahead and let them know when we'll be there so that way if someone is dragging ass they have a heads up and can put a move on. If we get this coordinated right, noone will be left behind and everyone will get there fine. Thats if everyone believes taking the Pike is the best route to get to the meet. Also it doesnt make people nervous about all meeting in Boston and having to backtrack if they live in the western part of the state. Those in NH can make arrangements for meeting in Boston.

What do you think????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Isn't there some other way besides the pike...?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Altimafox said:
Isn't there some other way besides the pike...?
nope

btw. I looked up on mapquest and the entire ride is on the mass pike ...also mike(97) it says 180 miles and 3hours which if you calculate it that is going 55mph, so if we are going 80mph it will take 2 hours and 15 minutes from the mobil up here. And i am not sure if we are meeting anyone else after we leave this mobil.

·
1,373 Posts
erebunialtima said:
nope

btw. I looked up on mapquest and the entire ride is on the mass pike ...also mike(97) it says 180 miles and 3hours which if you calculate it that is going 55mph, so if we are going 80mph it will take 2 hours and 15 minutes from the mobil up here. And i am not sure if we are meeting anyone else after we leave this mobil.

:bigok:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
big-huge 2 day New York meet april26 and 27th alex76---lol where ya been ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts