The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to start a thread so I can tell the story of my car and keep track of all my mods and what she has gone through.

I bought my car in October 2012 with about 2200 miles on it. It's a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S Super Black Sedan with Convenience Package:

About a month later I got my tints done. 20% in the back and 35% in the front:

Beginning of February 2013 I bought and installed my Stillen Hi-Flow SRI:

Then some d-bag sideswiped my car at the end of that same month:

I had to wait over a MONTH to get her back:

Finally I could keep going on my mods. So the next thing was debadging the trunk:

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And then I blacked out the chrome trunk trim and the chrome grille pieces:

The next thing will be some custom fiberglass eyelids from eBay.

And eventually, I want to get these mods done (no particular order):
NISMO Cat-Back Exhaust
Bluebat Redout Tail Light Overlays
GT-R Push Start Button
Red Interior Lighting
4300K HIDs or possibly a Complete Headlight Retrofit
Megan Racing Coilovers - Street Series (Ideally Megans in the front and D2 Racing RS Coilovers in the back)
Wheels (19x8.5, +35 offset, brand undecided)
Tires (245/40/19, brand undecided)
Sound System (New speakers + sub + amp + head unit, brand undecided)

I'll post pics as progress is made. Any comments, suggestions, and/or recommendations are very welcome!

Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
nice!

What did you use to cover the unibrow?? vinyls or plastidip??

That's nice that you got the car with only 2200 miles on it. Probably used by someone that wasn't satisfied with the ride

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice!

What did you use to cover the unibrow?? vinyls or plastidip??

That's nice that you got the car with only 2200 miles on it. Probably used by someone that wasn't satisfied with the ride
I used Dupli-Color spray paint (adhesion promoter, base color and clear coat) for all of the blacking out.

And the sales guy told me it was a rental and they returned the car because they didn't need it anymore for some reason.

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good work. whats next on your to do list?
These fiberglass eyelids I got from ebay. I gotta reprime them, wet sand them, and then paint them. I hope I can get them really glossy like the OEM paint.

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Will look forward to your mods .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hell yeah! I will be looking for you! I blacked mine out n kept it legal. Last thing I need is a cop pulling me over for a damn fix it ticket n getting more than that. Been debating surf racks. I may just get a scooter instead n keep the Altima sleek.
Btw, my girls from São Paulo. Trying to make a trip soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell yeah! I will be looking for you! I blacked mine out n kept it legal. Last thing I need is a cop pulling me over for a damn fix it ticket n getting more than that. Been debating surf racks. I may just get a scooter instead n keep the Altima sleek.
Btw, my girls from São Paulo. Trying to make a trip soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nice car man! I'll be on the lookout for yours as well. I live in Point Loma. But yeah, I wanna keep mine legal too. That's why I'm going with the red vinyls vs the smoked ones for the tail lights. And that's cool, I'm from Sao Paulo too. I took my wife to Brazil in December 2011 so she could meet my relatives. We also went to Rio. She loved it there. I'm sure you will too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice car man! I'll be on the lookout for yours as well. I live in Point Loma. But yeah, I wanna keep mine legal too. That's why I'm going with the red vinyls vs the smoked ones for the tail lights. And that's cool, I'm from Sao Paulo too. I took my wife to Brazil in December 2011 so she could meet my relatives. We also went to Rio. She loved it there. I'm sure you will too.
Nice! I'm in crown point (2-3 miles from point loma) across from sea world on the bay. I am always that way and get on the 8 every morning from by sports arena and my buddy lives right there.

The thing about going to Brazil is I never imagined going with a girl there. It's like bringing sand to the beach! I flew over and around it in the military but couldn't go on land due to 9-11. We are planning on going for the world cup! Her brother pushed his wedding back for it. Gonna be insane!!!

EDIT: BTW an engineer? Mind if I ask where n what? I've been with G.A. for five years tomorrow and just switched from the Aeronautical division to field engineering with Electromagnetics division. "Did we just become best friends?"

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice! I'm in crown point (2-3 miles from point loma) across from sea world on the bay. I am always that way and get on the 8 every morning from by sports arena and my buddy lives right there.

The thing about going to Brazil is I never imagined going with a girl there. It's like bringing sand to the beach! I flew over and around it in the military but couldn't go on land due to 9-11. We are planning on going for the world cup! Her brother pushed his wedding back for it. Gonna be insane!!!

EDIT: BTW an engineer? Mind if I ask where n what? I've been with G.A. for five years tomorrow and just switched from the Aeronautical division to field engineering with Electromagnetics division. "Did we just become best friends?"
Lol nice. But yeah, I never imagined bringing a girl to Brazil to meet my family. It was an awesome trip though. At the time she wasn't my wife yet, we got married a few months after that. But I wanna go back for the World Cup too! I'm not sure if I can get the time off though. If not, then definitely for the Olympics!

And yeah, I'm an engineer at Accutek Packaging. We design machines for filling, capping, and labeling bottles and other containers. Not my ideal job, but it keeps me going for now. And it's in Vista, so it's a bit of a drive. But I guess that just means I get to enjoy my Alti a little longer. Lol.

And by G.A., do you mean General Atomics? I remember applying for a job there when I first moved to San Diego (August of last year), but had no luck. I also tried Solar Turbines, but never heard back from them. Hopefully I'll have better luck in the future. This is only my first job out of school, so once I get some experience I should be good to get something better and more interesting.

So are you originally from SD? And what branch of the military were you in? Most of the guys at work were in the marine corps or the navy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lol nice. But yeah, I never imagined bringing a girl to Brazil to meet my family. It was an awesome trip though. At the time she wasn't my wife yet, we got married a few months after that. But I wanna go back for the World Cup too! I'm not sure if I can get the time off though. If not, then definitely for the Olympics!

And yeah, I'm an engineer at Accutek Packaging. We design machines for filling, capping, and labeling bottles and other containers. Not my ideal job, but it keeps me going for now. And it's in Vista, so it's a bit of a drive. But I guess that just means I get to enjoy my Alti a little longer. Lol.

And by G.A., do you mean General Atomics? I remember applying for a job there when I first moved to San Diego (August of last year), but had no luck. I also tried Solar Turbines, but never heard back from them. Hopefully I'll have better luck in the future. This is only my first job out of school, so once I get some experience I should be good to get something better and more interesting.

So are you originally from SD? And what branch of the military were you in? Most of the guys at work were in the marine corps or the navy.
Yes sir! Doing a lot of traveling with them lately. Part of the reason I ended up getting a "new" car. Just build a profile on their site and keep checking back and applying. Some times they'll find you for a new listing as long as you have a profile set up. ga.com and ga-asi.com. The electromagnetics division is still fairly new, but may be blowing up soon. I got lucky and hired on to the UAV side prior to a boom and It worked out great so I figured it was a perfect time to switch. I will let you know if/when that happens.

Originally from Cincinnati, OH but got stationed out here with the Navy in 2001. Got spoiled with the weather and now have a daughter here so, NO WAY am I living through another winter. Only place I move to from here is Hawaii.

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes sir! Doing a lot of traveling with them lately. Part of the reason I ended up getting a "new" car. Just build a profile on their site and keep checking back and applying. Some times they'll find you for a new listing as long as you have a profile set up. ga.com and ga-asi.com. The electromagnetics division is still fairly new, but may be blowing up soon. I got lucky and hired on to the UAV side prior to a boom and It worked out great so I figured it was a perfect time to switch. I will let you know if/when that happens.

Originally from Cincinnati, OH but got stationed out here with the Navy in 2001. Got spoiled with the weather and now have a daughter here so, NO WAY am I living through another winter. Only place I move to from here is Hawaii.
That's awesome man. But yeah, I keep checking periodically on different companies' websites to see what they have available, but nothing interesting or much better than what I have right now. My immediate plan is to just get my 2-year experience first and then go from there. If my current company is willing to pay me more for me to stay, then cool, but if not, then I'll be looking for a new job.

And yeah, I completely agree with you. Hawaii would be the only choice to move to outside of SD. My wife and I drove across the country from Massachusetts just to live out here.

Well, good luck with everything at your job. Maybe one day I'll be at GA too. Lol. Have a good Sunday and rest of the week!

·
Bazinga!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here's a few new pics I took yesterday. You can see the black on the grille a little better.

Also, I don't know if you guys can tell, but the paint job after the hit and run came out kinda opaque. Is there anyway to make it glossier without redoing the paint job? Waxing it a few times maybe?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts