The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KA24DER...soon!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be doing a complete Racetep-like internal strengthening. Stronger head studs, rods, 8.5:1 pistons, etc. Knife-edged crank, SwainTech coated pistons, blah blah blah...

Anyone have any answers?

I know it's been asked before, but a search won't take words less than 4 letters, and everyone with answers uses "max" or "hp", which obviously won't get picked up by the search engine.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
i've heard max boost is around 7-9psi , but that's stock. With all those mods i'm not sure how much boost you could run.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
btw, there is a turbo forum where you could get more replies

·
Import Tech.
4,709 Posts
Depends on the buildup , but with forged 8.5-1 pistons , and the mods you listed , with a stage 3 T3/T4 with the JWT ECU ( or a stand alone with a ton of dyno time ) 20-25 LBS would be very possable !!!!! The SR20DET's with the stock internals are good for 20+ !! The guy running 10's in his 240SX in Texas is running at least 25 lbs , probably more around 30 !!!!! But the fuel system would have to be totaly done , as well as some one who really knows what they are doing !!! For street use with that setup , you could easly run 14 lbs reliably !!!

·
Incognito
8,329 Posts
depends on a lot of things also, what type of wastegate you have, BOV, etc... there are a lot of other things you need to upgrade besides internals if you want to run 25psi. and dont even think that you'll be able to safely run that on pump gas. 25 psi is doable iin the KA, but instead of being a guppy, wait for GOKU to test the limits of our car, he is making a monster out of the alty.

·
Banned
2,850 Posts
well right before the build up i was boosting around 12 psi on the stock bottom end ....as long as you got a good enought fuel mangment ...but that was a but pushing the stock end ...since i never gone to the track on 12psi ...i never really was able to push the limits even with higher octane ....i rather be safe now and just do an entire build up ....since im a bit fund by a couple of companys down in FL and as well as some nice hook ups ...im able to do alot which others cant ...altho i belive seeing WELTON to be one of the 1st custom kit and a full build up ....since then i havent seen him on here ..but his car inspire me to do some crawy stuff.....i belive the KA24DE can handle up to 30psi ..as long the right tunning .... i keep you up date....if you want to contact for some pistons try calling RACE TEP ...im going thru a company call PRO POWER (954)563-2268 ....mainly for pistons and rings and rods ..... as for the heads try calling R.E.V. (racing engine valves) there beganing to build tituinum springs and retianiers ...have them check out as well ...(305)772-6060 ...keep you update as the project comes along ...so far i would say its only 30% done .... more research is in the process ..

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
I would say around 15psi max, Im sure the SR20 can hadle more than 20lbs on stock interenals. Because my 4G63 is cabale of 400WHP on stock interenals before the rods give and thats up in the 25+ psi area.

·
Import Tech.
4,709 Posts
Low Flying GS-T said:
I would say around 15psi max, Im sure the SR20 can hadle more than 20lbs on stock interenals. Because my 4G63 is cabale of 400WHP on stock interenals before the rods give and thats up in the 25+ psi area.

"YOU WOULD SAY" , But what do you know about the KA's ?? The SR20DEt's are good for 25 on stock internals as long as the tunning is right on !!! Like I said before ,it all maters what is done to the internals and how good the tuning is !!!!... The sky is the limit as far as boost is concerned .... The KA is only good for around 10 max on a stock botom end , but I bet the guys running 8's and 9's on the 4G63's are running more than 25 lbs ... Because they have a built bottom ends they can run over 25 lbs !!! Same with the KA24DE ..... Its all about how much cash goes into the build-up !!!!

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
SHAWN said:

"YOU WOULD SAY" , But what do you know about the KA's ?? The SR20DEt's are good for 25 on stock internals as long as the tunning is right on !!! Like I said before ,it all maters what is done to the internals and how good the tuning is !!!!... The sky is the limit as far as boost is concerned .... The KA is only good for around 10 max on a stock botom end , but I bet the guys running 8's and 9's on the 4G63's are running more than 25 lbs ... Because they have a built bottom ends they can run over 25 lbs !!! Same with the KA24DE ..... Its all about how much cash goes into the build-up !!!!
True that with enough money anything is possible, BUT we have to think about what is in reason.

·
Banned
2,850 Posts
Low Flying GS-T said:
True that with enough money anything is possible, BUT we have to think about what is in reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you mean * think about what is in reason* ? sorry to say but most of the Turbo altys on this site is using the KA24DE ...sure the SR20DET is a great motor ....but thats on the B.16 site and Se-R.sites .....there has yet to be a altima with a SR20DET SWAP ....if your talking about STOCK ...ask FUZION_R ...he has the BLUEBIRD SSS comes with the Stock SR20DET ....but those are overseas......

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
GOKU said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you mean * think about what is in reason* ? sorry to say but most of the Turbo altys on this site is using the KA24DE ...sure the SR20DET is a great motor ....but thats on the B.16 site and Se-R.sites .....there has yet to be a altima with a SR20DET SWAP ....if your talking about STOCK ...ask FUZION_R ...he has the BLUEBIRD SSS comes with the Stock SR20DET ....but those are overseas......
OKAY but the question was , How much boost you think a KA will handle with the bottom end built up. And by what is in reason I mean by would it be cheaper to build a KA to run 25lbs or a SR20 including its swap?

·
Incognito
8,329 Posts
see, the beauty part of nissan parts is that most just require simple mods, balanced and blueprinted, and micropolished, no need for new cranks, and in our case, unless you're boosting a crazy amount of boost, you can shotpeen the rods. nissans already come with pretty bulletproof bottom ends, so stock I am going with what shwn said, 10 on pump, and I beleive 12 on race gas. I have had my turbo up to 15psi for about 10 seconds and I thought the engine was about to blow, not to mention the way it was torquing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.