The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I punch the throttle in manual shift, when do I shift? And also would I blow anything like heads, intake/exhaust openings near pistons, pistons/piston rods themselves? I wanna know before I do it so I dont have to put 3/5k in my car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So if I punch the throttle in manual shift, when do I shift? And also would I blow anything like heads, intake/exhaust openings near pistons, pistons/piston rods themselves? I wanna know before I do it so I dont have to put 3/5k in my car.
Look at your tachometer on the dash. See the redline area? If your looking to safely rev it then stay below the redline (around 6500-7000 rpm) , there's a reason for it.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Please do not drive a manual transmission car.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shift up at a little below redline on the tachometer. You don't have to worry about any of it though, because if the rpm's get to high it will end up shifting on its own. It tries to mimic a manual transmission, but alas, it's not even worth using the function. I tried it for the first time a few days ago. I've got a 11' Altima Coupe 3.5SR and that will be the last time I use it. What a joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts