The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VQ times two
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not me, someone else.

I'm in Asheville, NC vacationing with my mom from AZ, and we decided to go out to eat tonight. As we're walking into the restaraunt, I see a 20th Anniv. Edition parked there also. Nice car, and an automatic (the first thing I look for on a Max). As we're coming out, I see it drive off, not really thinking of it. But who do I pull up to at the first light? Some snotnose punk kid all kicked back with an upside-down, sideways visor with his nearly identical friend, in a AE Maxima. His window goes down and he says,"nice car. That an anniv. edition?" "Nope, just a regular Max." "Damn, I got you beat, I got 227." At this point I'm thinking about asking Shithead here if he's ever heard of mods or extra weight, but wanting so horribly badly to just crush him, I just replied,"well, this one goes pretty fast." And what does Shithead say? "Nah, shit dawg, I'll waste that piece of shit." This beyond infuriated me, and I glance over, remembering my mom is still next to me. She's started shaking her head, BUT then started to put on her seatbelt! I took this as a sign of approval and replied to Shithead,"I guess we'll see..." Clearly not willing to back down in front of his homeboy, he rolled up his friend's window and revved a couple times. I didn't bother to rev until I was doing my torque braking as not to give anything away. For those who think racing an auto is brainless, there is some technique to it, which Shithead obviously wasn't familiar with. Torque braking is a constant for all auto cars, but the 5th Gen Maxima in particular has to be manually shifted to extract all its potential, otherwise it's only slightly faster than Accord V6's and other car similar in performance. 3 carlengths later I shut it down and my mom was telling me hopefully he'll think twice the next time he sees a POS exactly like his car. Didn't take long at all to grab those 3 or so carlengths either, which made it that much sweeter. There's other Maxima owners, and then there's dickheads like that. Hated to have to destroy a Maxima in front of other people, but hey, what goes around comes around. And beating him with my MOM in the car probably didn't do much for his ego either. :D

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
cool mom :D
<== look, from A Z~~~~~~~

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
Animator Man said:
Hey me to

chiadog do I know you ?????????????:p
man, dont u remember? i am ur neighbor's dog's groomer's roommate's little bro's cellmate's wife's cousin's mailman's landscaper's mechanic's friend :D

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
NC00Max said:
For those who think racing an auto is brainless, there is some technique to it, which Shithead obviously wasn't familiar with. Torque braking is a constant for all auto cars, but the 5th Gen Maxima in particular has to be manually shifted to extract all its potential, otherwise it's only slightly faster than Accord V6's and other car similar in performance
Don't want to start anything but doing a great launch in a manual is a lot harder.

Good kill, the guy sounded like a punk! :)

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
You drove your Max from AZ to NC?! :eek:

Good kill...

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed you're from VA Beach and re-read and your mom is here from AZ.

·
goin poor ...Help!!!!!!
268 Posts
chiadog said:
man, dont u remember? i am ur neighbor's dog's groomer's roommate's little bro's cellmate's wife's cousin's mailman's landscaper's mechanic's friend :D
Oh shit I remember you now Your dog cut my mailmans hair..Right?

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
Good story and even better kill. I love handing out beatdowns to little shitstains like that.

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
Animator Man said:

Oh shit I remember you now Your dog cut my mailmans hair..Right?
that be me :D

·
VQ times two
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Maxima dickhead

Slice said:

Don't want to start anything but doing a great launch in a manual is a lot harder.

I know, but launching an auto isn't completely brainless, and like I was saying, the 5G Max requires extra work to extract all it's power.

I'm originally from Lake Havasu City-went to & gradded HS there, now I'm stationed in Norfolk, VA and live in Va. Beach. I'm SUPPOSED to transfer to San Diego next July for a few months, then Maine foe a few more, and back to San Diego. Hopefully I'll get my orders without any hitch cause I miss going home to AZ on my weekends. Without a doubt, the greatest state I've lived in (WY, ID, SD, AZ, CA, NC, VA so far....)

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
good state to be in if u are into guns :p

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
NC00Max,

Don't you know that a fugly bodykit, a set of shiny wheels, and a badge are what makes a car :D And on the subject of Accord V6 vs. Maxima, what would the latter run if shifted properly? I get the feeling that you would still be about even with an LX-V6 coupe.

·
VQ times two
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Maxima dickhead

Frmr97GXE said:
NC00Max,

Don't you know that a fugly bodykit, a set of shiny wheels, and a badge are what makes a car :D And on the subject of Accord V6 vs. Maxima, what would the latter run if shifted properly? I get the feeling that you would still be about even with an LX-V6 coupe.
Well, from my one and only experience at the track (this is with a couple of my mods), manually shifting netted me a [email protected] For shits and giggles, I tried a run without shifting but still torque braking and got a [email protected] The rest of my manually shifted runs were 15.2's. There were 2 Accord V6's there, one stock, and one with AEM CAI and plugs and wires, and the stock one turned a 16.3 while the modded one ran perfect 16.0's. I try to use this comparison since it was same day and conditions. Both of them were torque braking as well and had been there before. One more thing, I have a friend with a stock EXV6 coupe, and we ran quite a few times for fun after I had broken my Max in and was still stock. No manual shifting on my part made it almost dead even with me inching him out all but one time. Manual shifting pu him at my rear bumper or worse every time. As far as the high end went, no contest, manually shifting or not. I think things are gonna change soon though, cause he's getting NOS in a couple weeks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts