The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these inexpensive coilovers on our 3rd generation Altimas?

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these inexpensive coilovers on our 3rd generation Altimas?
Not with our platform but my buddy bought some for his late 90's Legacy wagon. The ride is decent considering the cost. He didn't slam it but lowered it considerably. He did have to deal with 2 other transactions through them because of being sent wrong pieces twice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set, installed them over the weekend, but I think the sway bar end links are keeping them from lowering the car. I had them maxed out on the drop but there is a 3" gap between the fender and the wheel. No issues with my OEM struts on Eibach Pro Kit though, which is weird. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
Disconnect the end links. Seems like the only option, other than buying better coilovers. You'll have more roll in the front with the swaybar not doing it's job anymore, and you'll have to keep that in mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir. I know Racingline sells adjustable sway bar end links if it winds up being the problem. I will reinstall the coilovers over the weekend without the end links and see if that lets them drop. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well so far no luck. I didn't install the end links and still riding high. I am going to remove the bracket for the end links on the coilovers and try it again. I reached out to Maxpeedingrods and since I didn't buy directly from them, I was basically told there is no support and to contact the seller directly. Unless I totally missed something on the install, I think I will be sending these back.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
That tells me those coilovers just don't go very low I guess. Maybe try Raceland since it's probably the next least expensive coilover set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try a couple more things this weekend. First since the coilvers are maxed out, I will try and remove the two locking colars and see if that gives me anough drop. Secondly, on the lower mount, the welded bracket looks like the bolt holes are equal distance. I am thinking that there would be enough room for me to remove the mount, flip it upside down, and thread it back on. I might tinker with it this weekend and I will keep everyone updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
MikeRC
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing