The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these inexpensive coilovers on our 3rd generation Altimas?

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these inexpensive coilovers on our 3rd generation Altimas?
Not with our platform but my buddy bought some for his late 90's Legacy wagon. The ride is decent considering the cost. He didn't slam it but lowered it considerably. He did have to deal with 2 other transactions through them because of being sent wrong pieces twice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set, installed them over the weekend, but I think the sway bar end links are keeping them from lowering the car. I had them maxed out on the drop but there is a 3" gap between the fender and the wheel. No issues with my OEM struts on Eibach Pro Kit though, which is weird. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
Disconnect the end links. Seems like the only option, other than buying better coilovers. You'll have more roll in the front with the swaybar not doing it's job anymore, and you'll have to keep that in mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir. I know Racingline sells adjustable sway bar end links if it winds up being the problem. I will reinstall the coilovers over the weekend without the end links and see if that lets them drop. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well so far no luck. I didn't install the end links and still riding high. I am going to remove the bracket for the end links on the coilovers and try it again. I reached out to Maxpeedingrods and since I didn't buy directly from them, I was basically told there is no support and to contact the seller directly. Unless I totally missed something on the install, I think I will be sending these back.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
That tells me those coilovers just don't go very low I guess. Maybe try Raceland since it's probably the next least expensive coilover set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try a couple more things this weekend. First since the coilvers are maxed out, I will try and remove the two locking colars and see if that gives me anough drop. Secondly, on the lower mount, the welded bracket looks like the bolt holes are equal distance. I am thinking that there would be enough room for me to remove the mount, flip it upside down, and thread it back on. I might tinker with it this weekend and I will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay. If I want to go lower I will definitely have to look into other coilovers. I tried turning the cups upside down but it would not work. They stuck out too far on the bottom and would rub against the axle boot. I removed the sway bar end links and the bracket for them on the coilovers and removed two of the 3 locking rings, and I still have a 3-finger wide gap between the fender and the top of the wheel. I wanted to let them settle a couple of weeks before the final verdict. I did "not" 0 the preload and loaded it the thickness of the spanner wrench. Since they are inexpensive coilovers, maybe I will cut out a coil from the spring and see what happens....

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
Idk if you're willing to do this but remove the springs and install it with the coilover body only. Lower the car down with the jack and see how low they actually go before bottoming out on the bump stops on the coilovers themselves. If you're willing to run those coilovers, you can invest in a little more money on some coilover springs...

No you don't have to choose Swift, as there are still old companies out there that make springs just as good too. Eibach, Aldan, just to name a few. Or if you can get cheaper no-name ones off eBay, suit yourself. I've ran eBay springs on a project car and chopped them myself and they haven't failed me, and still have them as my backup/stock suspension setup.

But get your measurements from the springs themselves, HEIGHT, INNER DIAMETER, AND SPRING RATE. Then you can order shorter ones and go with a daily spring rate like 8k. I think my stock BC coilover springs were 7" long, 2.5" I.D. & 8k spring rate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts