The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
New Transaxle JBWelded!
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on fresh alloy, Connecticut Import Performance, advertising the F-Max altima kit, Stage 1 for $3825.

If this is WTLW, sorry, I don't spend a lot of time in this forum :)

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
just ordered it from www.turbotoys.org for $3725...

the guy from turbo toys told me that f-max just changed management and that they now build kits on request and don't stock them anymore....he said mine should come in in 4 to 5 weeks....

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
F-max is now part of the Turbonetics conglomerate... and he's full of hist, they never stocked parts. they ALWAYS built kits on request.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
cthunder said:
F-max is now part of the Turbonetics conglomerate... and he's full of hist, they never stocked parts. they ALWAYS built kits on request.
does 4 to 5 weeks sound rite for them to build the kit and have it shipped?

nexus said:
Make sure and tell us how it goes....I posted that site a while ago, but didn't really hear anything about them.

http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77794&highlight=turbo
ya thats how i actually found the site...
i'll definately let u guys know wuts up....i guess that makes me our guinea pig...:D

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
rush0 said:
turbo 1st gen in ny, elite.
yup i'm lookin to have the kit installed and up and runnin by end of may/ early june....hopefully....when ever f-max sends me the kit and jwt gets the ecu done....

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
good luck!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
ALtImAtUmNY said:
does 4 to 5 weeks sound rite for them to build the kit and have it shipped?
sounds about right, took me about a month to get everything.

ALtImAtUmNY said:
yup i'm lookin to have the kit installed and up and runnin by end of may/ early june....hopefully....when ever f-max sends me the kit and jwt gets the ecu done....
send out your JWT as soon as possible, like yesterday type of a deal. it takes them a long time to re-program your ecu.

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
So JWT dosent have any kind of core program? Also, Could I buy an ECU for say a 95 and JWT could program it just like my 93? Or does it have to be from the same thing, ie. 93 manual, no cali emissions...... (figure I'll just ask here, someones bound to know.....)

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
the voucher for the JWT upgrade should come in wit the whole kit, rite?? so i am gonna have to wait to get the kit and then send out the ecu???

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
nah you dot have to wait at all... the voucher should already be at JWT if you bought the kit. but just to be sure, call your dealer and see if they already told JWT.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
alright guys....heres the update....i spoke to the guy at turbotoys, he said that since turbonetics took over f-max.....he basically said....

"The Altima Stage 1 Turbo Kits are no longer offered with the JWT ecu. Recently F-MAX has decided to drop the JWT ecu from the kit completely. We were not informed of this decision and have been including the JWT ecu in our kits, but we have corrected this problem on our servers. We apologize for the misunderstanding."
(quoted on the website

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
alright guys....heres the update....i spoke to the guy at turbotoys, he said that since turbonetics took over f-max.....he basically said....

"The Altima Stage 1 Turbo Kits are no longer offered with the JWT ecu. Recently F-MAX has decided to drop the JWT ecu from the kit completely. We were not informed of this decision and have been including the JWT ecu in our kits, but we have corrected this problem on our servers. We apologize for the misunderstanding."
(quoted from the correction on their website)

He said that the price of $3725 is on the kit alone, but he said that he will talk to JWT and get me the upgrade at cost (he said about $400....he'll get back to me on the exact price tomorrow)

I figured it out, its not that bad compared to other prices that i've found and at least they already have f-max makin the kit and also since they are in cali i figure they can put pressure on JWT, they told me to send the ecu to him and he'll call JWT and send them the ecu....

as the proverb goes....."if it seems like its to good to be true, it probably is)

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
the guy from turbotoys e-mailed me today.....

I spoke to Jim Wolf Technology today, they need your 96 ECU to reprogram. Our cost is about $505 without shipping. This is the least we can do to make it up to you. It was far more than what F-max estimate for me, as mentioned today morning when we spoke. 2 things we need to verify with you, they need to know if this 96 ECU was from an automatic vehicle, and second is your 97 vehicle an automatic also? If so, please send your ECU to us @ 324 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA. 94536. We will need to run your credit card again for the amount of $505 plus shipping. It will take them 3 weeks or less after getting your ECU to complete. Again, we owe you an apology for all this misunderstanding, we would hope to make it up to you further in the future when we get into selling wholesale auto parts on our same website. Anything you need, we will give you anywhere from 5%-15% off our suggested price. Any questions you may have, if free to call us or email us.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts