The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down a 3 lane road during a deluge + stock turanzas = nightmare.

The road slightly sloped down, I was going 40 (55 zone) 2 cars at the bottom of the hill braked to a stop, I lightly tapped the brakes, they immediatley locked, pumped, same result, let off the brake and tried to steer to no avail. The car started veering off to the right. I was inches away from going off the road and had the wheel locked all the way to the left, at the last second for whatever reason i got traction, got thrown back on the road almost hitting the stopped cars in the process. Now, at this point I notice my car has died, oh goody, no steering, I'm just skidding freely now, a bus narrowly misses me and I come to rest on the opposite side of the road at the bottom of the hill.

1,407 Posts
You suck at the driving.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Bobby said:
Nope, no ABS. Hence me pumping like crazy. Yeah, car is fine.
Lucky you because you would've definately died. I wish I didnt have ABS..... They make me go faster when it counts.... I almost rear ended this bitch who shoulda deserved it when she cut in front of my on a bumpy road... I hit the brakes and my car went even faster.....

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
actually a world study has releaved that ABS isn't conclusively avoiding accidents !

guess your number wasnt up either way..

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
I went with Toyo Proxes TPT, great tire with great rain traction.

... Glad to hear you managed to avoid a tragedy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You have known FOREVER that your tires are bald, and you have stated in numerous threads, numerous times, that your tires are past the point of safety.

I can't even begin to describe how much of a fool I think you are. Don't blame it on the "stock Turanzas". Blame it on the "old, stock Turanzas that I didn't bother to change once they were worn past the point of safety".

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
lol rev.. yeah i know .. everyone eventually learns the hard way to buy new tires .... (my poor cousin included.. lol !)

i'm just glad that i like to play and get the grippiest stuff available... knock wood.. tires wont be bringing me down..

·
Banned
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rEvVoMaNiAc said:
You have known FOREVER that your tires are bald, and you have stated in numerous threads, numerous times, that your tires are past the point of safety.

I can't even begin to describe how much of a fool I think you are. Don't blame it on the "stock Turanzas". Blame it on the "old, stock Turanzas that I didn't bother to change once they were worn past the point of safety".

A fool with no money. House > Tires.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Then perhaps you should reconsider your options and get your priorities straight. If you are in so much over your head with your car and prospective house, should you be looking at one right now? Should you even be driving a 3.5SE?

House !> Tires. (! means not)

A house will not save your life; it will merely improve it. Tires WILL save your life, undoubtedly.

You are so concerned with buying a refrigerator that you leave yourself no more money for the food which it is supposed to hold.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts