The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looooooser in a Grand Prix w/stickers all over it (this was the UGLIEST car I've ever seen) pulled up next to me at a light yesterday on my way home from work.....When he pulled up and I saw his car, I started lauging. Anyways, he revved a bit, staring at me the whole time (not even lookin at tha light) and the light turned green and I took off and left him far far behind. When we got to the next red light, he wuz like "wanna try this again". So of course, I was down. We raced the whole rest of the way down that road and he never caught up. Eventually, I lost him, maybe he turned or just vanished. I dunno! But it was fun!! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah - raced an older Grand Prix (early 90s?) which I assume had the 3.1L engine many months ago. Some kid in a car that daddy gave him. Tinted windows and shiny wheels. Two lane road that went down to a one laner about 1/2 a mile ahead. He pulled up next to me at the red light.

He revved and I just smiled - didn't think I could beat him - but hey - what the heck... he has a v6 right?

He got the jump but I started to pull slowly - about the top of second gear I was just past him, and 3rd gear I was way away. Needless to say he ended behind me when we went down to one lane and he slowed way down and took the first left. He had to go home and cry to momma.

It helps to bang your own gears - I thought I was going to lose at first - but those cars are pretty heavy.

oh yeah - I was driving the old '95 King Cab XE 2.4L truck. non 4X4. KA24E power!
actually - the truck is pretty dang slow - but can have some good takeoffs - RWD helps.

kstagger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts