The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving down to Brooklyn on the West Side highway. It's friday night, about 9:30. In the 50s (streets) I notice a blue IS300, stock, peeling out from traffic lights and driving pretty agggressively overall. By mid 40s I manage to catch up to him and soon afterwards we hit a red light. We are the first at the light and there are no cars that I can see after the intersection.

So I inch forward, shift to neutral, and rev on him a couple of times to get the attention. There are three people in the car that I can see - a couple of guys and a girl. The windows are down, the music is blasting. After I rev the guy behind the wheel looks at me and starts grinning. I point at the light and motiion forward. He knods.

I kill the AC, turn off the stereo. The windows and the roof are closed. I have 3/4 of a tank of 93. I see the "side" light go from green to yello and torque brake to about 1900rpm. As soon as our light goes green I floor it. I peel out and get a jump on the Lexus. He is at about my rear bumper. The amazing thing is that he never catches up, and it actually seemed that I increased my lead. :D By the time I hit 80-85mph we are approaching Chelsea Piers, I see some traffic ahead, turn on my flashers (to indicate that the race is over), and slow down.

He flies by and tries to get away in traffic. I am on his tale, but soon the traffic gets dense enough and we have to slow down. He heads towards the village, I continue to Battery Tunnel.

Now, boys and girls, the moral of the story - In street racing .8 second difference in quarter mile time is insignificant. Accord 4dr EX V6 is the slowest of all V6 accords and runs 16 sec flat 1/4. IS300 should run low-mid 15s. I still beat him. I did have at least 300 pound passenger weight advantage, closed windows, and AC that was off. May be he forgot to turn of TCS, may be he had full tank. Anyway, next time I call bullshit on the story of someone beating V6 Accord with a stick Alty you can flame away all you want :D

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
I AM ALL OVER THIS ONE KIDDIES!:D:D:D

just playing....the IS300 is 215hp I believe.Accord V6 is putting out what...about the same(200 or so).I have raced only one 2000 coupe V6 with light bolt ons and he beat me from a roll about 30mph.I usually llike dead stop races but you take what you can get sometimes. But then again I was stock back then.I am stick and of course he was AUTO.I havent raced the 4 door version yet...hopefully I can add it to the kill list.

Good kill man.;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
what does the accord have to do with this? the is300 qhas a non turboed toyota supra motor and im sure his ac was on but still' good one dude:D

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
What do you have done to your Accord? I am not saying your story is bs or anything but the guy must have been a bad driver. If he was peeling out that must have ment he did not have the LSD on. I like IS's alot so I feel kinda bad that one had to go down. Good kill.

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
At first I was thinking BS, but anything can happen in the streets.

One thing to remember is that an IS300 has 215bhp. An S2000 claims 240hp, but only puts about 192 on the wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
PHX Altima II said:
what does the accord have to do with this? the is300 qhas a non turboed toyota supra motor and im sure his ac was on but still' good one dude:D
Is that your car man? I though you couldn't take shopping carts off the grocery store property.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Accord is stock as a rock. Actually he wasn't so much peeling out as he was chirping (short sound). May be he did have TCS on and that's the reason (among all others) that I was able to beat him.

You probably mean TCS and not LSD, you can't turn LSD "off".

The Lex did look sweet, though.

INDYALTY said:
What do you have done to your Accord? I am not saying your story is bs or anything but the guy must have been a bad driver. If he was peeling out that must have ment he did not have the LSD on. I like IS's alot so I feel kinda bad that one had to go down. Good kill.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IS is 215hp, but weighs probably good 200-300 pounds more than Accord does. Add to that the unsprung weight of 17'' rims (Accord has 15''s). And add 300 pound that the two passengers weighed on top of that.

Ben said:
At first I was thinking BS, but anything can happen in the streets.

One thing to remember is that an IS300 has 215bhp. An S2000 claims 240hp, but only puts about 192 on the wheels.

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Yeah I didn't mean LSD. My dad and I switched it off once and left the car behind us in a big cloud of smoke. Regardless good kill.

·
Registered
358 Posts
2Tight said:

Is that your car man? I though you couldn't take shopping carts off the grocery store property.
post a pic of ur shit asshole; by the way that shopping cart will wax anyday, so quit talking shit cause your acting like a bitch.

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
.[QUOTE]post a pic of ur shit asshole; by the way that shopping cart will wax anyday,

Hey man don't sweat him, nobody cares what he says anyway. Look at his previous posts

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Frmr97GXE said:
IS is 215hp, but weighs probably good 200-300 pounds more than Accord does. Add to that the unsprung weight of 17'' rims (Accord has 15''s). And add 300 pound that the two passengers weighed on top of that.

The lightest V6 Accord weighs about 40lbs less than the IS300 and the heaviest one is about 80lbs more. Plus those wheels aren't just meant for show; the 17" wheels have the performance tires as opposed to the all-weather radials (optional 16"). I think you were lucky this time. I wouldn't try it again if I were you.

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
There are some stupid mother fuckers on this board that don't know shit. I'm not going to get into because you all will just get offensive instead of learning something. The sad part is that the morons don't even know who they are .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good Kill but I you had the advantage this time because he had all those passengers in the car and you were solo. I haven't found an IS to pick on yet, but I'm looking.

Do you ever have to manually put it in D3 when you are on the hwy going about 70 so that it will downshift, if I leave mine in D4 and punch it at that speed it won't downshift.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, although I think weight was just one of the reasons. But their cars are faster than we are by about .5-.7 secs in both 0-60 and 1/4, no denying that. A V6 Accord with i/h/e should run at least even with IS though.

When I have to punch it at 70 I just floor it and if done quickly enough it will downshift. What is the top speed that you've taken yours to? My problem is that as soon as the fucker shifts to fourth when I'm doing about 110mph (indicated) it just stops pulling. I was able to get to 120 ( indicated) just once. And as far as I know there are no governors on our cars and the top speed should be in the 135mph (true) range.

By the way, is yours stock?

THEKVJ said:
Good Kill but I you had the advantage this time because he had all those passengers in the car and you were solo. I haven't found an IS to pick on yet, but I'm looking.

Do you ever have to manually put it in D3 when you are on the hwy going about 70 so that it will downshift, if I leave mine in D4 and punch it at that speed it won't downshift.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah my Accord is stock, I'm leaving it alone for right now. Yeah an V6 Accord w/ mods should easily hang with an IS except for high speed because those IS can go about 143.
The fastest I've gone is about 115 when I was trying to hang with this M3 and Stang GT. Then another on my way back to Dallas I got up to 115, I had to shift into D3. I never really tried to go faster than that. But I could tell it lost some pull when I put it back to D4. On Superhonda some people have gotten theirs V6 in the 130's, as soon as I get my nerve up, I'll try it out, I've gotten the Altima in the 120's so 10 more shouldn't be so scary in the Accord.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts