The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed front upper strut tower bar from megan racing. in 2 months the hole of the bracket turn oblongs where bar attached to the bracket. the bracket is too thin. I called Megan racing and they are not honoring warranty.

Attachments

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
That's horrible. Maybe get the Stillen A34 bar?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally fix it by making a hole bigger on bar and use a bigger bolts and weld the washer on the bracket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
How does it drives after the strut bar?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awesome, some people say it is not very notorious or not worthy, I guess I have to try it by myself.
I ordered the Stillen one, and their rear sway bar also, and I have received an email saying that they only have the rear sway bar in stock, and the strut brace is going to take 1 to two weeks (last week).
They said: We apologize for this inconvenience, this item has been on very high demand, and we are working extremely hard to speed up the manufacturing process to satisfy all of our customer’s needs.
Yeah... I guess there are A LOT of 4gen Altima wanting to buy those strut braces

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,686 Posts
^^ LOL! Translation: We have "George" scouring our warehouse for the one remaining unit our computer says we still have in stock...

·
Registered
184 Posts
^^ LOL! Translation: We have "George" scouring our warehouse for the one remaining unit our computer says we still have in stock...
Pretty much like you said! It finally arrived yesterday! I've ordered on 25 August and it arrived on 11 October, almost two months but well, I rather wait than get nothing but a refund.

So far, I didn't notice much difference. It was more noticeable the lowering springs (mostly) and the Stillen rear sway bar. Generally it is pretty stiff now, and not way too low.

PS: No engine cover because the intake manifold is different and the cover doesn't fit perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts