The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trolling is300.net the other day and found this article on how the IS300 guys open up their taillights for modification. Since their taillights are so simmilar to ours, i thought this could be useful. I dont' have a dremmel (or the knowledge on how to use a dremmel properly) so I probably won't be trying these out soon. But maybe someone on here could use them.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13374357

·
Registered
667 Posts
anyone remember what the name of the post was, im gonna be trying it oput but wanna find the post with the DIY first

·
Bakersfield's Finest
779 Posts
good looking out for the members who are willing to take this dive and cut up some lights

·
shift_VM
331 Posts
i don't think the actual DIY was posted but was emailed as a doc if someone wanted it. i have it at home, and it should be posted but its not a quick easy mod, u need to be patient and go slow cuz the dremel bits heat up and stuff. managable if u don't get frustraded too easily.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i thought it was in an actual post, well either way if you have it id like a copy of it. i bought an extra taillight to try it out.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
I did mine a while back, but I ****ed it up :( I probably cut along the wrong area and cut it a little too deep so it went through the relfector. All I can say it if you have the patience, dremel skill, and more patience you should do ok. I'd defenitly buy an extra set of tails if your gonna do this DIY or just wait for SE-R or some other co. to come out with cleared/blacked out ones.

·
Altima Fairlady Z
446 Posts
Hi! I painted my tail lights in red and look great, if you want see the tail lights in red go to cardomain to puertoricoaltima and see my tail lights, it's simple if you have interest doing this please let me know!!!!

·
Altima Fairlady Z
446 Posts
2004 Nissan Altima Red Tail Lights

·
Altima Fairlady Z
446 Posts
I just mix a little amount of red paint with a clear. Passed a few times over the lights and that's sit.

·
Altima Fairlady Z
446 Posts
The reverse lights look bright rose!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts