The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
no longer new
237 Posts
wow thats awesome....im on schedule to break 200k in feburary of 2004...i just bought my 93 gle in feburary of this year with 121k and about 2 weeks ago i rolled over 141k...although i have already started putting away $800 a month so i can buy a new G35 next summer *fingers crossed* anyways, congrats, its very reassuring news for those of us who already have over 100k miles

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, ive only had 4 major problems that i can remember

1. had to replcace the computer around 150k ($600)

2. replaced 2 seperate distributors at 213k, and 215k, (the first dude ****ed me over and put a used one on there ($250, $500)

3. timing chain was makin an awful racket around 225k, replaced that, ($1200, ouch)

4. intake gasket was leaking at 234k, ($300)

besides that, the only things ive had repaired on my car is brakes, wipers, tires, etc.

ive always wondered about engine replacement, ive heard you can get them for pretty cheap, i havent heard a price on installations yet though, if i got a new engine, id like to go ahead and swap to manual transmission as well, but until then, my engine is showing no visible problems so im gonna continue to mod and fix up my car, "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do i quote ppl?

no, ive never had my transmission replaced or repaired, ive had a few services.

the miles are about %70 highway miles, and i still get about 25mpg with one mod. (greddy)

what kind of problems should an extreme high mileage engine look out for?, cuz id really like to keep my car and make it the only hooked up altima around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts