The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved down here a week ago and want to know who the Minneapolis area Altima owners are!

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Well god damn! Finally, another Altima owner around here! I'm Mohamed (as you can tell from the user name) and my car is the one you see below. There's a few other owners around here including David (user name Merkava), Spencer (some guy I met up at Midway when I was meeting up with David), Travis (user name Travis S, who I believe lives in Chicago for college, but whose home is in St. paul), and a few other people whose names I don't know (user name humpty).

Anyway, I've only met David once and Spencer once (which was only by chance) which was last summer. It'd be great to meet up with ya before I sell my car before the end of this summer (hopefully). We can meet up at Midway this weekend if ya want...

Here's what Midway is, in case ya don't know: Along University Avenue in St. Paul, the area around the intersection of University Avenue from where Porky's Drive-Thru is to about Lexington Avenue is known as Midway. I'm not sure what streets Porky's is close to, but the import meet-up spot is a few blocks east of the intersection of University Avenue and Snelling Avenue. The imports usually meet up in the Mervyn's and Herberger's parking lot. If you drive around the area on a Friday or Saturday night, you should see it. Remember it's on University (on your right side), a few blocks east (towards St. Paul) from Porky's. You can get there by taking I-94 East towards St. Paul, then take the Snelling Avenue exit. Go north (left) on Snelling and take a right on University. It's about 3-4 blocks up on your right side.

Wow, that was a lot of typing. Anyway, let me know what's up...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where Snelling is but this weekend will not work. It is my 1 year wedding anniversary and I have to spend it with the wife. Maybe we can meet up another time! Later.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Welcome! I've been meaning to do some runs at midway but I've never done it before and not really sure how it works, if there's a meet let me know. Otherwise I was just going to brainerd and doing runs there w/ some buddies of mine. I live in mpls, and a u of m student. I've been over at that red rock road and mostly it was american hot rods racing and the cops kinda busted it, and checked everyone's id and proof of insurance and stuff. But I'd be interested to meet for some runs over at midway, and like I said I've never been to midway and do we need to setup reservations and is there a charge.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Hey humpty...

Reservations? Charge? For Midway? Heck no! All it is is a parking lot where import owners meet up. That's all. Basically park, chill, and check out the nice cars...

Let me know soon if you wanna meet up there this weekend, so I can see if I can make it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What's up all? I'm still not back in MN, but I will be at the begging of Sept. and I'll be back for a while. I'll have to roll up to Midway sometime before it snows and the rims come off. I think I am going to take a auto body class in the winter so I can learn how to mold in a body kit and paint my car and that will be my project for class... Well, if they let me do that I will have some cool shit done to my ride by next summer!

·
Banned
865 Posts
I'm totally interested in meeting, hey do any of you guys know who has the best deals on custom cat-backs in the area, cause car-x so far has given me the best estimates even better than mom and pops type shops, cause they say it cost them more for the supplies.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Humpty: I want to find ANY import shop in this area. Cannot find any. If you want to meet up let me know.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
humpty,
I'm not too sure who would give you the best deal on a custom cat-back. I usually do get my work done at Car-X and they seem like they know what they're doing. Just make sure they use mandrel bent pipes. There is a tire and exhaust shop I've heard of down in Wayzata or Plymouth that deals with imports, but I'm not sure what the name is. Try looking in the yellow pages.

belz7189,
There are quite a few import shops around here, although they may not be very good. One is called MaxPSI. It is down on University Avenue in St. Paul west of Lexington Avenue. There is also Intense Audio which is in a strip mall at the southwest corner of University Avenue and Lexington Avenue. It's right behind White Castle.

There's another store in Little Canada along Rice Street called Xtreme Auto Trends or something like that. They used to be called Mach 1. You might be able to find them in the yellow pages, too.

I know there's a few other shops around here, one in Maplewood, but I don't know much about 'em. From what I hear, MaxPSI is one of the best, though.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mohamed: I was just down on University today and found Velocity Motorsports and another shop????? Forgot the name. They were near Snelling Ave. They had some rims and a few other things but nothing for an Altima. Surprise Surprise! How far are you from Plymouth? That is where I am living now. You should give me your # and we can meet up. Later!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Humpty: Where do you work at in Ridgedale? I was just there on Sunday. Let me know!

Mohamed: I know exactly where those areas are. It's about 20-30 minutes away.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TL: Moved down here Aug 1. Been busy moving and getting settled in to the new place. I still am working for a cell company but it isn't the same one. We still never got to meet up but if you ever get down in this area let me know! Did you find any new Altima owners in the great state of ND? Where has Aviator been? Haven't seen him on here in a long time. Later!!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I did run into a guy at Russ Honda Nissan that had seen the site, but never registered.. but that's about it.. I haven't heard from Av in months either..

Oh well.. When I get down to MPLS I'll be sure to let you know :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
humpty.... Cool! I work at the Verizon store in Plymouth off 494. Maybe we will run into each other sometime. What color is your Altima?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool! Do you ever get pulled over for the clear tails around here? I've had them for over a year but took them out because I was always getting pulled over in ND.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts