The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my incabin micro filter today. THe car is brand new and the crappy stock filter was REALLY dirty. Alot of leaves (odd since its brand new and its winter in NJ, no leaves in sight) How is all that stuff getting in there to begin with?

It took me about a half hour between cleaning it and talking it apart, it made a real mess. Plus the filter was chewed up and im making the dealer get me a new one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fastalt said:
where in the car is the filter located?
Behind the glove compartment. Most Nissan cars come with one even though it is an option, its one of the "you have to get it options" like floor mats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Micro-filter

The micro-filter (aka A/C filter) is an option that some dealers install in all cars. The true question is when did the car have the micro-filter installed. If it was when there were still leaves on the trees, then the leaves were in there before you bought the car. If the dealer installs them on every car, he probably installs them during the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) which is done as soon as possible after the cars have been delivered to the dealership. The service interval is every 6 months.

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
the filter

definitely helps keep dust off your cars interior and keeps slime from forming in your ventilation system. If you don't live in a dusty smoggy area or smoke, then you probably don't need one.

I know mine smells like sand and cigarrette smoke and is a source of odors in my car. I run with one in the spring and summer when it is dusty and rainy here in arizona. The rest of the year I take it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts