The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my lovely 2007 Altima 2.5 since 2009. I’m the principal driver, but my husband keeps the second fob with his keys. Both fobs have always worked to open and start the car. Last week my husband drove us to the park in the car. When we got back to the car, we discovered his fob battery had died and we couldn’t open the car. No problem! We’ll just take the physical key out of the fob, right? Well, the key did not open the car! We were able to get a new battery for the fob and open the car and drive home. However when I compared my physical fob key with my husbans’s, they obviously did not match. Can we go to a hardware store key center and have his key reground to match mine? If not, what other suggestions do you have. I suppose since I’ve owned the car for 12 years and this is the first time we discovered the problem, just keeping his fob battery fresh is a solution, but it bothers me now that I know the keys don’t match. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
614 Posts
Yes, have a locksmith or a key center grind a new mechanical key for your hubby to match yours. The mechanical keys have no smart chip in them. However make sure the new key will properly fit and lock into the FOB; the key end is rather unusual looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.