The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See the new Evolution 0-60 in 5.1 seconds quarter in 13.8. It will be real tough for the 3.5 Altima's to keep up, even with major mods. Disclaimer; to get those results they had to drop the clutch fast at 6000 rpm. Rev's had to be high to get all fours to spin and not bog down. I bet those cars will be going through clutches,trannys and drivetrain components like mad if they are raced hard.
The car is an excellent handler too! .97 skid pad
68.7 slalom. We need to get a supercharger or turbo set up available soon!!!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yeah, just saw the pricing in the April SCC, $28,XXX.
Unlimited production too!
I'm still waiting for the STi to be released this summer.
Will be interesting to compare the two...

·
614 Posts
Maybe.......... Evos r beasts..but they do cost over 30 G's....if u can buy one that is...i like them alot....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Dallas, I'm not giving up hope for our Alti's yet. I'll be one of the first to try the SC once it becomes available. I'm real convinced it will keep us competitive, if not on top. I think our engines are probably capable of some boost without internal changes......

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DP03 I agree a supercharger would shave a second off our quarter mile time. The big benefit of our cars is the size and roominess inside and the styling. Even though it's an EVO it still looks like a $ 12000 dollar Lancer with a body kit!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ uhh you'll have to have a 13-15 psi pully to get 12's... N/A engines can generally handle 10psi max on stock internals (unless you've got a factory freak). Im just gonna say, most of you who drag know this, it takes a helluva lot of HP to drop your 1/4 a second once you get into the 13's.

·
614 Posts
It ALL depends on traction.......if u put slicks on a stock 03 5 speed V6 Alty u could hit 14.20's or faster with the traps in the 96 -97 mph range..........12 second ets can be run all motor...a trap speed of 105 mph with good traction would be enough to send a V6 Altima into the 12's on slicks or drag tires.....and there r enough products like headers, cams, y pipes out there to get a VQ past 105 mph....
But then u don't get that :cool: blower whine

·
Registered
256 Posts
be patient boys, all i have to say is when the 350Z TT comes out, I'm gonna fit the turbo system into the alti, thats the advantage we have with our cars, one of the best sports cars on earth shares the same engine, with a few mods to our engine, any aftermarket part that goes to the Z will be able to go to the alti, no problem...

·
I'll be dat
294 Posts
Uhh guys, let's be serious. The EVO is one of the best all around cars on the planet. It will hand 90% of the cars on the road their behinds. No Altima, no Nissan can touch the EVO stock (well the discontinued, not sold in the U.S GT-R).

Then, if you hav a spare 5k, the EVO can be turned into a under 5sec 13 flat 1/4 mile killer.

I'll be letting these guys have theirs. This is a serious performance car.

·
Work faster!
209 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
Uhh guys, let's be serious. The EVO is one of the best all around cars on the planet. It will hand 90% of the cars on the road their behinds. No Altima, no Nissan can touch the EVO stock (well the discontinued, not sold in the U.S GT-R).

Then, if you hav a spare 5k, the EVO can be turned into a under 5sec 13 flat 1/4 mile killer.

I'll be letting these guys have theirs. This is a serious performance car.
For now, yes- but let's wait and see what Nissan does with it's new GTR...

·
I'll be dat
294 Posts
For now, yes- but let's wait and see what Nissan does with it's new GTR
Uhhh, the EVO is a 30k car. The GT-R, will be at least a 50-60k car. Twice as much. Then consider, the EVO is a sedan that can fit 4 people in a pinch.

Comparing the 30k EVO to the 30k 350Z, the EVO whips it and most all cars at this price point.

·
358 Posts
until the wrx sti is released then that will be the car. what about the neon srt4 for around 20k i will take one of them. someone dynoed theirs to about 214 to the wheels. all it needs is some exhaust and limited slip and you are damn close to 13s. mopar sells the stage two set up for 3900 i think and that keeps it under warranty. for the money that might be the best car.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
i heard the new STi will have around 325 hp compared to the evo's 276. the evo is my dream car. i want it bad. but not just yet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts