The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

i just tried doing the ML320 sidemarker trick...well i couldnt quite get them to fit. :confused:

Is there a certain year that works better than others? or are they all the same part? (if thats the case, i'm just an idiot...)

The part no. i got was : 163-820-01-21 Blinker 03G16

thanks! :)

josh

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
This is the one that you are going to have to use. So yes, you got the right one.

Most people here just file down their fenders to make them fit and then paint over the filed part to prevent rust. What I did was cut a huge chunk out of it so it fit and then took a piece of clear plastic and rubber silicone (which I got from Radio Shack) to seal it up. I used my sodering iron for most of the modifications. This pic gives you an idea of how much you have to cut.

·
Banned
26 Posts
they do make them but they want $100 dollars for each set.

You gots to be crazy.

=== === === === MIKE

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
mjsmikey said:
they do make them but they want $100 dollars for each set.

You gots to be crazy.

=== === === === MIKE
holy shit! Lower your car and get bigger rims, those look like 13's. And they sell the sidemarkers for 40$ a set

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben said:
This is the one that you are going to have to use. So yes, you got the right one.
Most people here just file down their fenders to make them fit and then paint over the filed part to prevent rust. What I did was cut a huge chunk out of it so it fit and then took a piece of clear plastic and rubber silicone (which I got from Radio Shack) to seal it up. I used my sodering iron for most of the modifications. This pic gives you an idea of how much you have to cut.
Ben, when you were talking about using the clear plastic and silicone, did you use that on the fender or the sidemarker (which part did you file?)

Also, what's the easiest way to make the Benz plug to fit into the alty wire? Just cut grooves and shave the benz's wires down to fit?

thanks for helping :)

--Josh

·
good one Fonzie
6,449 Posts
it is always better to shave the marker. you never want to shave the fender, but it is easier and almost the only way to file the fender

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
the freakin benz ones are like $14.....
why would u spend $40..
:rolleyes:

and it is easy to file the wholes on the fenders....

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
it takes a little bit of time, don't be fooled. my bf put mine on and had to file both the car and the sidemarker, breaking the little orange bulb in there is a biotch too. And the little harness on the back will pop right in with a little force. It probably took about 2hrs, but the sidemarkers only cost like 4-5 bucks from the local Mercedes dealership. And we put in hiper white 194's.

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
Cool, I got them $5 a piece vs $40, I have no prob with putting in the work. Plus that dremel will come in mighty handy. :D

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
djsassan said:
i still say it is better to file a $4 sidemarker than a $200 fender........
who the hell would pay $200 for a fender...
bought mine for $30....
and who cares after u file the hole in the fender??
it's not like u are gonna put the orange ones bak in..

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
twofaze said:

who the hell would pay $200 for a fender...
bought mine for $30....
and who cares after u file the hole in the fender??
it's not like u are gonna put the orange ones bak in..
I also think if you file the fender right you could make the OEM ones still fit. I cut up my sidemarker to make it fit and then sealed it up (still looks good :) ). I was too scared to file the fender because of rust. Plus I'm into instant gratification so I'd rather have my sidemarkers in the same day instead of paying more for some to be shipped.

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
i meant the FENDER for $30...
got the markers for like $14

1 - 19 of 19 Posts