The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mod chips out there? The only thing I see is jet mod to the existing cpu. I would buy a new chip if the jet mod is the only option, to keep my stock around for warranty/smog issues. Any one that has more info would appreciate replys. By the way I have a 02 2.5S.

·
the neighbor of the beast
630 Posts
Generally chips do nothing in the way of a real performance increase. All chips can do is change rev limitations, which is mostly for towing, and increase top speed.

From what I have read about the Jet Altima chip... I think all it does is increase the top speed. It won't make you get there any faster at all.

If you modify your exhaust behind the Cat... ie just change the resonator and mufflers... your smog output will not increase whatsoever. You would only invalidate your warrenty on the exhaust itself (obviously they don't cover someone else's exhaust) ...and it will do a hell of a lot more than a chip. Technically any good muffler shop will stand behind their work for a few years at least.

A custom intake does not invalidate any warrenty except for the intake system at worst... but you can switch that out to stock in five minutes before going to the dealer if you are concerned.

These two above listed mods (and UDP but thats prolly too deep for your concerns) will do more for your car than anything short of a real upgrade like nitrous or turbos.

Don't listen to me though... I'm a noob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is from JET performance on a 2002+ Altima... We do have an ecu upgrade available for your application. The ecu upgrade does require that the factory ecu be sent to us for modification. You must purchase the upgrade package before sending the ecu to us for
The modification. Suggested retail is $399.00, and the part number is 65002. The ecu upgrades are all done per the application, in other words, do all the modifications you intend on doing before you get the ecu upgraded. That way the program can be set up for the specific modifications. Hp gains would be dependant on the extent of modifications.

·
Registered
899 Posts
For what it's worth, the Jet computer flashes (that's what they are, not chips) do absolutely NOTHING for the LS1's. I would be very wary of their claims.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The performance gains of ECU chips on NA cars are negligable nowadays as most manufactures have optimized the power potential of factory ECUs.

If you had a turbo, then you'd see some major gains and thats mainly due to a boost increase.

Just my $.02!!

·
1,873 Posts
WRC said:
I don't care about a gain/just wanna lose speed limiter.
Super!!

Now we can find out just how fast these cars are!

For me, I prefer acceleration over velocity, but to each his own. Even though, I have been limited a few times! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
ECU

Hey guys,

Just emailed Jet for info regarding ECU upgrade, and it will not affect the Rev limiter or the Speed limiter from original setting.

That sucks the big one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have this

but don't know how to wire it as my instructions are in Japanese.
It will do the job, I believe. It has five wires,black,red,white,green.Anybody know how?
Why is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts