The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone, people are always posting about what they just did to their cars, how excited they are, how happy they are that they did it, etc. We all read and comment, and the post sinks away.

So I thought I'd ask what Mods you liked and didnt like in the end. For instance, I installed a Warm air intake on my old car, loved it for a few months, until it got warmer and the filter started falling off. Plus the car was a dog all summer because of the extremely hot air.. so I ripped it off. I did similar things with lighting, sound, engine performance, you name it!

So what products would you skip over if you had to do it again?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I love way the car ran with the K&N but at 32k miles my MAF died. The tech said that it is unusual for them to fail unless they get oil on them. I had recently installed the paper filter so there was no problem with replacing it. The car runs fine, mgp's went up a little but the funny thing, I didn't notice a major change in performance between the K&N and without it. I do recall last year when I put it in, there was a little more grunt (from the butt dyno) but since then I opened up the driver side of the air intake and I think with that opening, the paper filter is getting all the air it can use eliminating the improvement origionally gained with the K&N.

·
Registered
27 Posts
paying $70 to paint front grill to match color of car.
Since there are so many comp. making new grills, I regret painting the oem grill. I should of waited for the new lux. grill. that altimat's comp. is making.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
i now have eibach sportlines but i regret first buying the pro-kit

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i regret buyin my muffler...shoulda waited and got custom piping and a quality, name-brand muffler.

I also regret gettin' my new tint(kinda) cuz I don't have any money!!!!! That and if I had spent 20 bucks more, I coulda gotten the nicer BMW tint.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
I like my tint, wish I would have had it done somewhere else, I'll get it redone sometime

·
1,873 Posts
Re: all season tires

snolden said:
shoulda got the stickier performance tires, as I have a second vehicle to drive when it rains or snows.

I need more traction

the tires are awesome but there are stickier tires than all season.

What kind of tires do you have now?

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
^Dude we have the same car, and get this, my girlfriend goes to Sam. If you see a chick chasing you in a silver Sentra screaming "Chad why didn't you tell you were coming!!" just ignore her.

·
1,873 Posts
Waddy said:
^Dude we have the same car, and get this, my girlfriend goes to Sam. If you see a chick chasing you in a silver Sentra screaming "Chad why didn't you tell you were coming!!" just ignore her.
................Oh, That was her?!?!?

Holy S#it, I thought I was losing my mind! ;)

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
i should have not paid the extra money for the dealer to leave the rims on the car...

anyone else have a mystic emerald with no spoiler? PM me please

·
Barkless Dog
1,933 Posts
Not getting a manual

·
all about the washingtons
326 Posts
Sirius Satellite Radio- more I think about it more I wish I didnt get it. Every since it was installed my trunk leaks a little where wires are coming in. Plus I havent listened to it in like a month yet Im still payin the 13 bucks a month.. Should have just bought a new cd that day.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BlueAlti'03 said:
Did you have problems with the Pro-Kit, or was it that you just didn't like the look..???
Yeah, same question here. A couple of you guys have said you wish you'd gone with the sportlines. Is that just because you've gotten used to the prokit and want to take it further, or is there a problem with them? I personnally LOVE the look you guys with the prokit have on your cars. The sportlines look too low for me personally. I think it makes the car look like its slammed, vs the prokits which I think make the car look like stock, but with a more sporty appearance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts