The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Dan I own a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L S 4door white sedan. My mods so far are DNA motoring header ,Rtune cold air intake, tuned the throttle response, lighter racing tires in the front and tuned the fuel injectors to dump a tad bit more fuel in .resonator delete, main cat delete, straight pipe.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
How did you "tuned the fuel injectors to dump a tad more fuel in"? Are the fuel injectors tunable?

What is a "tad"? Is that similar to a "pinch" in a cooking recipe? How is a "tad" quantified?

"Lighter racing tires in the front". Impressive! One can only imagine the performance boost they provide.

No doubt you have a loud car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you "tuned the fuel injectors to dump a tad more fuel in"? Are the fuel injectors tunable?

What is a "tad"? Is that similar to a "pinch" in a cooking recipe? How is a "tad" quantified?

"Lighter racing tires in the front". Impressive! One can only imagine the performance boost they provide.

No doubt you have a loud car.
Yes you tune fuel injectors from the ECU which means you have to upgrade to bigger cc fuel injectors. Lighter racing tires in the front means they are low profile and lighter than the rear and have better grip and I have better steering response. And a tad bit is a term I adopted from my grandfather. So if you didn't understand nothing I said why in the world do you mess with cars what because I don't talk like a professional means I don't know about cars this is exactly why I joined stuff like this just to see the mind frame of the people involved in these communities. Number crunching and facts of what an internal combustion engine can do is more important than a textbook college boy. So I don't know maybe you was being serious by these questions or maybe you was trying to be a "tad" bit rude.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Yes you tune fuel injectors from the ECU which means you have to upgrade to bigger cc fuel injectors. Lighter racing tires in the front means they are low profile and lighter than the rear and have better grip and I have better steering response. And a tad bit is a term I adopted from my grandfather. So if you didn't understand nothing I said why in the world do you mess with cars what because I don't talk like a professional means I don't know about cars this is exactly why I joined stuff like this just to see the mind frame of the people involved in these communities. Number crunching and facts of what an internal combustion engine can do is more important than a textbook college boy. So I don't know maybe you was being serious by these questions or maybe you was trying to be a "tad" bit rude.
Yes, that's how we tune injectors; been doing that for years. I've been working with 240SX's that have SR20DET's in them and we have an assortment of injectors with various CC ratings. We try different ones to see what HP we're getting. This way we don't have to mess with the ECU.

Can you pardon our beloved member 🤣 he's just trying to be helpful in his own way I guess:p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts