The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 95 altima SE 5spd a couple months ago. and i was going to do some basic mods. onw of my friends gave an idea of pulleys, headers, intake, and short shifter. the car stock is alot quicker than i thought when i first bought it so how much faster would it be with these mods??

·
Incognito
1,519 Posts
realistically if all of these mods were in sync with each other you can expect about a 15-20 hp increase. A pulley alone will probably add about 3-5 hp. the headers if they are extrude honed or polished should add about 5-10 hp. depending if ya wanna spend the extra money and get a cai, or just a stillen one, expect 5-10. Don't beleive all the bs that a dealer slings at ya unless he has the dyno for your car to prove it. Ask other people around here what mods they suggest.

·
Banned
0 Posts
You won't get 5-10 hp with just a header. You might get somewhere around that with intake, header, and exhaust though.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
Don't forget though that it's not just power, it's how you put it to the ground and how well it's used. A pulley doesn't actually ADD any power at all, per se....it reduces the amount of power that's wasted (errr...spent) on the alternator and A/C. But this makes it a very effective mod because it takes a lot of strain off of the crankshaft.
In the same vein, a clutch upgrade will make a decent difference because it helps in power transfer.
None of us will probably ever have a 10 second Altima, but it's got some potential.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
best guaranteed mod: lighter rims with griippy tires. you'll accelerate quicker, stop shorter, and take turns better...guaranteed!
It also makes sense to learn your car before u start modding it. I made that mistake and wish I could undo all the mods and start with rims/tires. You'll appreciate your car more if u learn it every step of the way.
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts