The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Scooter Doctor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is a RN for the VA(veterans Affairs) and is going to flordia for 2 weeks as of right now (just informed)

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
What part? All of Florida isn't "Florida"...

Some of you know what I mean... You can't lump this state, for sure...

I live in Baptist Bible Belt Jax... previously from Miami which was super hyper latino!, and latter in Ft Lauderdale which was ghetto, industrious, etc... Then there's the gulf, the West Coasters... crazy muttley state that we are... Penis of the U.S!

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
^^^ pardon my crappy fragment sentencing... I'm stressed.. no word from my Dad... no answer on the phone # I've had from him.. he evacuated from Ft Pierce (mobile home retirement community, for those of you who haven't read my previous posts) to Miami where my Uncle (his brother) lives.. no answer at that phone #.... No calls from him.. No word at all since Friday morning, when he left town...

*sigh*....

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
He went to my Uncle's which was only an hour and a half away from him.. because he could stay with them and they could evacuate together if necessary. I live 4 1/2 hours away. Better scenario that he's closer to home, *and*... he can drive that short of a distance by himself because of his meds. Otherwise, I would've had to drive to get him, drive him back, AND, if severe enough damage, be too far away from home to be of much use unless staying in a hotel. Down south, we have cousins, brothers, uncles (about 5 different homes of family in Dade & Broward) including my sister (his other daughter). In Jax it's just me...

Just waiting to hear from him or ANYONE.. everyone's phone's just ring.. no answering machines are coming on.

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
Jessie, My Girl's aunt came up from Ft. Pierce. Supposedly they will be without power for 3 weeks. That might explain why there is no answer.

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
I imagine so that they are w/out power in Ft Pierce, but my Dad never called me once he got to Miami, and no one picks up there... I just want to hear from him...grr...

·
Registered
44 Posts
jessielude said:
What part? All of Florida isn't "Florida"...

Some of you know what I mean... You can't lump this state, for sure...

I live in Baptist Bible Belt Jax... previously from Miami which was super hyper latino!, and latter in Ft Lauderdale which was ghetto, industrious, etc... Then there's the gulf, the West Coasters... crazy muttley state that we are... Penis of the U.S!
I'm a gulfer!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts