The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well my mom has been looking for a new luxury car to replace her crappy buick lesabre..she wanted a 2000-2001 Mercedes E320 4-matic. Today my dad brought her home a 2003 Jaguar X-type 2.5 AWD to look at..platnuim exterior with black interior...we dont know much about jaguar or the x-type for that matter...factors to consider are reliability and quality of it holding up..any facts or personal experiences anyone? she liked the car very much and i got to drive it too and it wasnt that bad..of course with the auto matic its kind of sappy until you get moving

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i drove my aunts E320 4-matic and it definatly felt more floaty compared to the jag..the jag comes with the optionional 18's comarped to the 16's on the mercedes..shes having trouble finding a low mileage 4-matic with a decent price. the jag has 20k on it and the guy wants $26000 flat...the last E320 she looked at had about 50K and was about 30 grand..the interior of the jag is way better in my opinion compared to the E320 (2000) it has more wood accents, softer leather, more smooth dash and door panels and a more solid feel. i priced the jag new and its about $37000 with the options this comes with (metallic paint, sunroof, heated seats, premium sound, 18's, auto tranny, xenons)

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
A Jag is still a Ford... It has been for a while too.

·
4,020 Posts
Jags are basically a reskinned Lincoln/Ford. They tend to have a lot more maintenance issues then either of the formentioned. If she wants a Jag, she might as well look at the Lincoln LS as well.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Good to look at, bad to own.

It's basically a Ford Mondeo - successor of Ford Contour - reskined. And since Mondeo is FWD and that's a big no no for Jags, they just spin the other 2 wheels and call it a Jag.

I'll rather have a G35x than this tho.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've not been a very big fan of the E320. If your mom wants AWD, have her look at the A4 Quattro as well. While I haven't heard too many good things said about the X-type, I'd still sport it over the E320.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts