The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 02' optioned with a moonroof with a wind deflector. At highway speeds, I hear a noticable wind, whistling noise around the moonroof. When I close the visor, I don't hear it then. Anyone else have or notice this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes!, on mine it was the sunroof wind deflector. Air was leaking past the brackets that hold it on. The gasket around the sunroof does not conform enough around the brackets and allows a small gap.

I took off the wind deflector and no more whistling noise.

I remember reading somewhere that you might try and bend the bracket so that they conform more to the curve of the roof but they looked pretty good on mine. I didn't see where I could improve them. So I just took the damn thing off.

William

·
1,357 Posts
It has nothing to do with the sunroof because I get the same noise usually when I am above 60mph and I don't have one(sunroof). I plan to take mine to the dealer Monday and see if they've had anyone else with this problem cause it's damn annoying!:mad:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Ride home from work

I specifically opend my roof yesterday to all different positions went from 45 to 85 mph. No rattles, whistles, wind noise. I can not believe how quiet it is with the roof open

·
Registered
3 Posts
My sunroof also whistles, and before I took the wind deflector off, I had a strange humming noise. Removing the crappy deflector seem to fix the more annoying noise. I plan to talk to the service department about it on my next visit. :angry4:

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do I remove the wind deflector ? How many, and where are
all the screws? Will there be holes in the roof when it's off ? I like the look of the car without the deflector. Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wind deflector comes right off when you remove each bolt and nut connecting the deflector to the retaining clips. The retaining clips can be removed by opening the sunroof - they just hook below the roofline. There are no holes in the roof once the deflector is removed. I had to clean and wax my roof to remove some residue left by the wind deflector gasket. Also, I removed two pieces of protective tape - one piece under each retainer clip. That's it! Wish I had just told the dealer to keep the damn thing!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
??????????

I do not understand, I have no problems with the deflector at all. Are you guys sure the dealers installed them correctly

·
Registered
121 Posts
No deflector, but some wind noise

I get a whistling that gets pretty annoying when I hit about 130km/h / 80mp/h or so. It helps when I close the sunshade, but it is still noticeable. I looked at the sunroof from the outside, and it isn't perfectly flush, but looks pretty even across the roof. Never had a wind deflector, and when the roof is open, it is whisper quiet (never had it open at 130km/h, though).

Could the wind noise be coming from the strange channeled side mirrors?

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
i took mine into the dealership about the issue, but they didn't admit that anything was wrong. i'll take it into a different dealer and see what they say. it almost looks like the sunroof isn't sitting flush. if you open the roof a bit, the noise goes away. they might be able to adjust the sunroof enough to get rid of the noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.