The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another rant

Screw Mopar with all of this wishywashy hemi bologna that they're going on with anymore...the world woulda been much cooler if they just left the hemi in the truck...but it's multipled to the point where any car can get that freakin HEMI!!

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice motor but yikes!!!

I miss the days of each manufacturer having their own little 'special' motor or motor options for that matter...now I know in todays mass production where dearborne has scrapped originallity for quick production and sales numbers, limit originality, but come on now!!

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
mopar doesn't really have anything to do with the hemi....
dodge is the designer/installer, mopar just makes bolton's for it...

:dunno:

that's ok, cause the shelby is better than a coronat any day!

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, thats different in my opinion because Nissan isn't selling these cars due to the motor, whereas Mopar is selling ugly vehicles with the hemi badge in hopes of better sales...People with Hemi's brag about Hemi's and buy for the name...about 80 percent of Maxima/Altima owners with 3.5's don't even know their own engine family or how to change the oil..

Now if Nissan started stressing the VQ as it's selling point then i'd not like that either...an altima with a 3.5 sells due to it being an afordable family car, not because of the 3.5 > The Maxima sells because its' the luxery family car > Not because of the 3.5 > The 350Z sells because...well ebcause it' a Z (and sooo sexy)

Catch what I mean??? Every manufacturer uses the same engine in different things, but they dont' make a big deal about it or sell cars because of it

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BushDog: I know Mopar doens't make it, i just use the term to discribe chrysler/dodge products....excuse my redneck muscle car world upbringings! lol

·
your mom felt my length
1,077 Posts
AceAltima said:
See, thats different in my opinion because Nissan isn't selling these cars due to the motor
how can they? every car basically has the VQ engine in it...it's not optional if it's already a standard...even the mini van has the engine :D

·
Back by unpopular demand
1,628 Posts
its advertising. why get mad at a company for trying to sell cars? every company finds thier own way to sell, and they try to be different so people won't get mad at em for jocking another company's idea

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
AceAltima said:
Another rant

...the world woulda been much cooler if they just left the hemi in the truck...but it's multipled to the point where any car can get that freakin HEMI!!
You have a gift for exaggeration. If they start putting the hemi in the FWD cars (which are the bulk of what they make), then you will have a point. You can't even get it in all the RWD cars (hint to Chrysler - the Crossfire could use the power).
What would be really bad is a "Viper lite" with a hemi for $10k less than the V-10. You gotta know some marketing wank there has knocked the idea around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts