The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove all the way down to oceanside(from OC) for some warranty work,and I told Javier (the service guy)that I've read in this thread that, if I pay for the labor Hr. they would advance my timing to -3 (from what I read was the original +1 setting).When I got my car back he told me that they are not doing that anymore and, to top it off he told me that they had my computer reseted to it's original +2 setting!WTF
Honestly I didn't feel any difference in power but I would still want to find out what you guys think or know about the way our timing is originally set,also if anybody knows of other places that are willing to perform that job on our Altis.:confused:

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
what the hell...ok, first off, go to Greg Vogel. He is the man!!! Javier, don't know and don't care who he is. You shoulda posted up in the West Coast forum first and asked more info b4 you drove all the way down there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're right!I guess i should've ask some q?'s before but as far as I read it was granted that they were gonna do it, and about that guy Greg ;I understand that he is the parts mgr so I didn't think he could help me being this a service issue...
You think he could help?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
sudaca said:
I drove all the way down to oceanside(from OC) for some warranty work,and I told Javier (the service guy)that I've read in this thread that, if I pay for the labor Hr. they would advance my timing to -3 (from what I read was the original +1 setting).When I got my car back he told me that they are not doing that anymore and, to top it off he told me that they had my computer reseted to it's original +2 setting!WTF
Honestly I didn't feel any difference in power but I would still want to find out what you guys think or know about the way our timing is originally set,also if anybody knows of other places that are willing to perform that job on our Altis.:confused:
Setting your timing to -3 will retard it instead of advancing it. If your saying that the original is +2 and I have read that the max is +3, then I don't see a one degree change for all that hassle. Plus, I douth it if a one degree change will be be noticeable. My 02!

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
sudaca said:
you're right!I guess i should've ask some q?'s before but as far as I read it was granted that they were gonna do it, and about that guy Greg ;I understand that he is the parts mgr so I didn't think he could help me being this a service issue...
You think he could help?
Greg hooks it up.

·
Kingpin
646 Posts
Mine was advanced +4, and there is a definite notice of more mid-range power. I've never heard of the original being +2

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: mossy didn't want to advance my timing!

JerryJ said:
Setting your timing to -3 will retard it instead of advancing it. If your saying that the original is +2 and I have read that the max is +3, then I don't see a one degree change for all that hassle. Plus, I douth it if a one degree change will be be noticeable. My 02!
well...that makes sense to me. I guess I had it all wrong!
Thanx for the feedback.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
i always go straight to greg, HE'S THE MAN!!!

·
1,244 Posts
sudaca said:
so why don't they advance timing anymore?....................

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: mossy didn't want to advance my timing!

turrifik said:
so why don't they advance timing anymore?....................
He didn't know or didn't want to tell me.......
So let me understand...everyone here telling me to talk with greg had their timing advanced at mossy?
Slowly but surely I'm feeling more end more like an idiot:angry4: :angry2:

·
B ON BLU
187 Posts
Greg.

I agree with everyone else in saying go to Greg. I write Greg a email to let him know i need some stuff done, no matter what he arranges it all for me, all I have to do is drop it off and wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts