The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a mostly stock 96 altima, I put in a new alternator and radiator. I want to put a turbo and cold air in it. I really want to make it JDM worthy. I'm 18 and I'm on a budget. So can y'all help me get the best bang for my buck. I need to know what all I need to do to put a turbo and stuff in. Thanks

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
What you really want to do is put in some research. And a lot of it.

There's numerous threads on here that will answer almost if not every question you might have.

Searching is the key to success.

Once you actually put in the research and have a good understanding of everything, I would be glad to put any of the missing pieces together, if there even are any.

Although I'm pretty confident you are never going to turbo your Altima. But hey, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
Lol.

Shoutout to you for keeping it real.

Start with making sure the car is even worth investing money in.

Inspect the hell out of it and/or have others who know what they are looking at inspect it.

Looking for leaks (engine/tranny/oil/power steering/coolant), worn bushings (end links/control arms/axles) and the most important thing, RUST. Look high and low.

You need to make sure the car is in A1 shape and running great before you worry about modding it.

Keep in mind its a 20 year old car.

Yea I know its your first car and you want to mod it, TRUST me been there done that. I completely understand. Thats fine if you really want to put in the time and effort as a hobby. I'm 28 and I'm still modding the hell outta of my brand new car lol. But make sure its worth it man. It gets expensive regardless. I put in a shit ton of money in this car and although I don't regret it...it wasn't the wisest decision. The car really isn't worth putting money into.

Although ultimately its your money and you can do as you choose, just make sure its going to be worth it and not a regret.

·
Spec R
3,820 Posts
surprised they're still people wanting to turbo a 1st/2nd gen Altima.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts