The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motion R halogen 6000K @ 90W claims to be 6000K give HID level lights @ $80

Hid Factory has some 7000K HID @ 35W is realy HID @ $400.

Which is better? What's your opinion on it if you have either one of this system? How long does the bulbs last?

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
go with a true aftermarket hid kit... fake hids will never be able to be compared to a true aftermarket kit... so I would go HID factory.. and spend a couple hundred dollars more, and have better quality..

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
MotionR does not offer HID's they offer HID BULBS and regular bulb replacements, you would want a real hidfactory.com kit.

ps. coincidence, I just ordered that $400 kit today for an RX-7.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What the H*ll is the purpose of getting 400 dollar kit for lights...I mean I see some cars with the HID's but it's not something I stare at just look at and then look away ...

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
once again...

the K means color
the lumins is the brightness....

u get wut u pay for...go real HIDs...

·
Registered
50 Posts
HID -- amount of light on the road -- 2800 - 3500 Lm

Halogen -- 1300 - 1500 Lm

HID lights give you two-three times more light on the road.

For me it was one and the last reason.

·
Registered
929 Posts
What else do I need?

I just read through the FAQ for installing a HID kit

I also Checked MISTERJUNG'S page and Would purchase the 6000k kit.

I was a little confused with the extra connector kits he sells on that page... Would I need one of those?

Also what is the most popular style bulb type to replace and its bulb model number?

Do you have to change the way the car senses/monitors lighting situations , for example when it gets dark it then turns on lights.

Thanks.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Re: What else do I need?

proendo said:
I just read through the FAQ for installing a HID kit

I also Checked MISTERJUNG'S page and Would purchase the 6000k kit.

I was a little confused with the extra connector kits he sells on that page... Would I need one of those?

Also what is the most popular style bulb type to replace and its bulb model number?

Do you have to change the way the car senses/monitors lighting situations , for example when it gets dark it then turns on lights.

Thanks.
Just order an H1 kit and you will be fine, nothing else is necessary, everything is included with it.

Good Luck

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
bigbird said:
WWW.HIDFACTORY.COM , I have 2 kits from them already in my cars. AND NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM JBL85
Why are you directing that at me? I was just telling him what kit to buy not where to buy it :dunno:

Proendo: If you are interested in buying your kit soon, check out the place you said you were checking out. I installed 2 kits from them and they work flawlessly. Very good quality kit with no problems.

Good Luck
-Nick

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts
Re: What else do I need?

proendo said:

Thanks.
You probably would have to turn off the Autolamp feature on your car. True HID bulbs don't take kindly to being turned off and on constantly, it shortens their life. The autolamp feature sometimes turns your lights on unnecessarily when it's not dark yet.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Autolamp feature

alxm said:
You probably would have to turn off the Autolamp feature on your car. True HID bulbs don't take kindly to being turned off and on constantly, it shortens their life. The autolamp feature sometimes turns your lights on unnecessarily when it's not dark yet.
What options do I have for turing this feature off?

IS that something a dealer would do ?

I was also curious...I noticed that there might be a light sensor right by the flashing alarm led. What if you took that little circle piece off and painted it black underneath and stuck the circle back on, with that I would say the lights would always come on for the duration of each trip.

Thanks

Proendo.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Autolamp feature

proendo said:

I was also curious...I noticed that there might be a light sensor right by the flashing alarm led. What if you took that little circle piece off and painted it black underneath and stuck the circle back on, with that I would say the lights would always come on for the duration of each trip.
Your lights stock on the left has the following options:

Off -> Auto -> parking -> low beam.

Just don't keep it in Auto.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
DesiEGO said:
IMO....you rather spend that $400 on an exterior or an interior mod than on a kit which does not make a difference to me, I can rather live with halogen bulbs and make my ride look sweet.
Its a difference of night and day, dont knock it till you try it :p

·
Be Prepared, son.
613 Posts
JBL85 said:
Its a difference of night and day, dont knock it till you try it :p
I could not agree more. It will be about the best $400 spent on your car, and I believe the bulbs last longer then stock halogens.

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts
Re: Autolamp feature

proendo said:

Thanks

Proendo.
Just like Xtrema said, don't use the autolamp feature on the light stalk. Just turn them off and on, when you need them. I wouldn't recommend blocking the light sensor, having your lights on all the time would also shorten their life.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts