The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blackbelt in Pimpsmacking
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried that stuff that you pour into your crankcase with your old oil and run for like 5 minutes then do an oil change? It claims to clean everything out, just wanted to see what everyones experience with this was.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
hmmmm. clean your motor out with some flush while your engine is on.....that does'nt sound like a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Bud Lite said:
Has anyone ever tried that stuff that you pour into your crankcase with your old oil and run for like 5 minutes then do an oil change? It claims to clean everything out, just wanted to see what everyones experience with this was.
If you have a relatively old engine 90k-100k that has been neglected when it comes to oil changes, it is prob. worth it. But if you do it, definitely drop the oil pan and clean it well after draining the oil and flush solution. If you cannot/will not drop the oil pan, then do not even bother doing the flush. You would be creating more problems than solving.
Good luck, Horatio.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Hi Bud lite.
I have done that on my old 92 Nissan Stanza, when I had it.
Well, it really does the job, but it is so rare when you really need it.
It's a very toxic, powerful solvent that will not only dissolve the oil heavy deposits but, might eat some seals and gaskets, causing a future leak.

All conventional oils, alread have cleaning additives, so regular change will keep the engine clean!
I wouldn't use this to mine anymore, as there is no need and it can eat up things inside that I would'nt want to be eaten.

Why you wanted to flush it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you use an engine flush, only use Amsoil engine flush. It is the only one on the market that does not destroy old seals and gaskets. STP used to make a good flush, but took it off the market.

Gunk is pure kerosene and will destroy seals and gaskets.

·
projected member
919 Posts
dont do it!!! if your motor is sludged up and you flush all the deposits out at once, itll clog your oil pickup tube. i would add an oil treatment at every oil change to slowly remove the sludge. after about the 4th ol change, it should be pretty clean.

·
Registered
8 Posts
don't do it! i used that HIGHLY TOXIC crap on my car after i got it (90k miles), thinking it would help clean all the workings... and immediately after, my alty starting leaking more than a newborn baby. been leaking all over ever since. joehotrod has a good idea (i wish my dumb ass would have done).. oil treatment @ your oil changes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A buddy of mine with a 93 tried that shit and his engine never ran right again. It started idling funny and when he went back to the track he lost 1.41s off his 1/4. Dont do it!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Flushes are another "chemical company's get rich scheme".
Flushes rarely destroy seals(kerosene/diesel/biodiesel...). Usually they just remove the sludge that is keeping your seal together, or the sludge/varnish that IS the seal.

If you change your oil frequently enough, you'll never need to flush ever especially if using one of the quality name brand synthetics. Also, replace your PCV valve regularly.

If you think your engine is internally dirty, start with more frequent change intervals. Pretty simple.

Also, if you have a poorly maintained vehicle and you have visual deposits(via oil fill cap view), than buy some marvel mystery oil.
Follow the MMO directions(I think between 10-20%) with each of your oil changes.
MMO will slowly remove sludge/varnish without toasting your engine. If you add it in place of oil, it will slowly clean your engine. Since MMO is oil(very thin and detergenty), it will not damage anything.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I use that motor flush....on my last 2 changes actually.......car sounds smoother, feels better, but maybe its just me. My car has 150k+, so I figured it would be a good idea to get rid of any excess shit in the engine, and the first time, the oil looked like SHIT after we flushed it. The last time, it wasn't as bad. I won't use it for a long time again, but it was worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts