The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shadetree Mechanic
Joined
·
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****!!! Just found out my mounts are backordered till end of July and Alex said it's because the ones being sold now are no good and are all getting recalled. Not sure how true that may be but are there any other options for sr20 mounts? Nick where did you get yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
jaltima said:
Alex said it's because the ones being sold now are no good and are all getting recalled.
lol, this is a joke, right? If it's true, PR beter come with their tools and swap them, cause I'm not doing that again.
 

·
Resident Boost Junkie
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
I had the place racing mounts on the altima, and they were awesome , prolly the best thing i ever did to it. I have Prothane Motor mounts on my Talon and let me tell you , its been almost 3 months now and they still vibrate ! They vibrate so bad it losens 1 of my Turbo bolts :eek: , so I gotta re-tighten it every couple of days. Prothan Mounts = Free Back Massage ! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,270 Posts
JWT makes a set of mounts, but they dont sell them individually, and you need to use your KA tranny mount with the G20 tranny. They're $250 for the set of 4.

Me? Ive got the set of 3 PR one's minus the left side (front) dogbone mount. Im taking a piece of 1" steel stock, drilling two holes in it and bolting it in. Using the KA tranny mount for the trans because the SE-R one wont work with our mount location (I dont believe).
 

·
Shadetree Mechanic
Joined
·
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Motor mounts

a-ser said:
lol, this is a joke, right? If it's true, PR beter come with their tools and swap them, cause I'm not doing that again.
Something to do with not being aligned properly. I'd call PR.
 

·
Shadetree Mechanic
Joined
·
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cthunder said:
the front and back KA mounts are the same for the SR...
Nope..the front/side mount will not fit. The bracket might be the same but the mount itself will not bolt to the engine. Good to know my old tranny mount will fit. I'm dropping it in this week.
 

·
Shadetree Mechanic
Joined
·
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
krackmnkysnick said:
JWT makes a set of mounts, but they dont sell them individually, and you need to use your KA tranny mount with the G20 tranny. They're $250 for the set of 4.

Me? Ive got the set of 3 PR one's minus the left side (front) dogbone mount. Im taking a piece of 1" steel stock, drilling two holes in it and bolting it in. Using the KA tranny mount for the trans because the SE-R one wont work with our mount location (I dont believe).
So your gonna use a solid mount...I was thinking of doing the same but was advised against it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,270 Posts
Well, it wont vibrate much more than the PR's or any poly mount for that matter. And the one that causes hard vibration is the rear one anyway. The dogbone just restricts engine flex.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top